Meet Brandon

Brandon's POV

Today is November 5, 2013, my best friends birthday.I sit on the bus right across her on the bus, and as she gets on I watch as she smiles at Jillian, and then me before sitting down. I try my best not to stare too much, but it's hard not to stare at someone so beautiful even when she says she's. The thing is I could never really understand when she punches me, or even when she hits me in the head is it her way of saying she likes me or does she think I'm not funny and just weird. Either way I'm going to do my best to show her I care, and that I can be a good guy unlike all my friends. I try to start a conversation with her, but she is too busy talking to Jillian about whatever it is. Sometimes I think girls could care less about their hair and makeup like for one minute if nothing else. I watch as she constantly flicks her hair out her face, and then she looks at me she smiles and then quickly turns back to Jillian before I could even get my words out. Then Jillian being herself yells that it is her birthday, and everyone starts singing sadly half the people on the bus are horrible I feel like my ears are bleeding from the singing. I look at Ciara one more time and find her staring back at me with a look of lust or love in her eyes. I mouth the words "Happy Birthday Ciara" to her, and she smiles and says "Thank you". Finally, Mr. Brown tells everyone on the bus to shut up, and for Jillian to stay on the bus after everyone gets off. Everyone starts laughing, and I listen to her laugh it stands out from everyone else's, but that's because she has never tried to be like any of the other kids, she's always been original with everything she does. I guess that's why I am so attracted to her more than any other girl I have met this year. When we get to the school, I let Ciara get off before me and then when she get's off the bus I reach for her arm to finally get to talk to her without Jillian, but she turns before I even touch her arm. I try to get myself together before talking when she interrupts me.

"What do you want Brandon?" she says as if she was upset or annoyed. At first I was planning on just telling her a cheesy pick up line but I couldn't find myself to say a word. Sweat started beating down forehead while I just stared like a creep, she gave me one of those "well are you gonna say something" looks like if you don't say something I'll leave you here looking like a fool" . So when she walked off I knew I had to bust a move. I got a slip of paper from my bag and wrote a note. I was walking right behind her when I called her name as soon as she turned I gave her a hug and said " Have a good day" and slowly slipped the piece of paper in her hand. Her body so warm and her hair smelled like fresh picked strawberries I didn't wanna let go. I noticed that I was smelling her and my hand was moving lower by its self towards her back side when I knew I had to stop myself. I quickly let go and gave her a smile and walked away. I looked back to see if she was looking at me, but all I saw was her just standing there, and Jillian smiling. Then I felt better about myself because not only did I pull it off, but I surprised her with that hug. I walked to my class feeling great a big smile on my face, and my friends all asked me why I was so happy on a Monday of all days. However, if I told them they would probably just call me crazy and go and tell everyone, so I just tried my best to look like everything was stupid and I'd rather go to sleep than spend another minute in this dumb class. The only thing I was really looking forward to was sixth period, for Ciara was in that class and she sat right across from me in the back of the class where the teacher can't see us. The best seat in the class if you ask me cause most the time i'm flirting or were making each other smile but today i was gonna go for it. Normally I wouldn't like the teacher calling on me so I pass but since today was her birthday I had to look smart. Even though I got the answer I still made her smile and then I saw her look at the note. She and her friend Jillian went to the bathroom together which made me surprisingly eager for her reaction. I watched as they left the  room and then once they were gone I walked to my seat hoping that when she read the note, she wouldn't feel weird in any way.