Leaving

Brandon's POV

Ciara didn't talk to me the rest of the day, and when we got to sixth period she didn't even smile anymore. I knew there had to be something wrong with her because ever since she left with her sister she has been quiet and hasn't talked to anyone. I walk to her desk and hope to figure out why she is so quiet, but when I reach her desk she only puts her head down and blocks me out. I try to tickle her but she only punches me and points for me to leave her alone. I don't leave instead I pull her from her desk and stand her up I look her in her eyes and give her a concerned look. She just frowns and pulls away, she tries to walk away from me but I pull her back to me and kiss her neck. I feel her body relaxing and then I look into her eyes, and ask her, "Ciara I know there is something wrong with you. I would like for you to tell me, I care about you. Isn't that enough to know what is on your mind?", she just stares at me and then I see the tears that are forming in her eyes.

I hug her and kiss her forehead trying to make her feel better, but it only makes it worse because she begins to cry in my arms. I walk with her to Mrs. Baker, and ask if we could sit out in the hall for a while to get situated. Mrs. Baker can see Ciara crying and nods yes looking concerned, yet at the same time not surprised. As we stood there in the hall Ciara crying into my arms, and me holding her like a child she began to calm. Ciara looks at me and brushes my lips with her soft fingers then she kisses me as if she will never see me again. I kiss her back not fully understanding what is happening right now, and then I push her away to get answers from her before anything else.

"Ciara that's enough. Tell me what's wrong with you, you're acting strange and I don't like it.", I tell her looking serious. She bows her head and she just begins to laugh hysterically before looking back up at me.

"I'm sorry. I must look stupid. I mean I really thought that this year would be different, and that I would be able to have a real boyfriend that actually cares about me. I thought that I would be able to get the perfect guy and be with him forever.", she said

"Ciara what are you talking about? You do have a boyfriend who cares about you. Why else would I ask what is wrong with you? And you did get the perfect guy, and we can be together forever. So what are you talking about?" I ask her feeling more concerned as ever.

"Yes Brandon I know I did, but we can't be together forever.", she says and my face drops

"What do you mean are you breaking up with me?", I ask feeling upset about our relationship that came to a speedy end.

"I'm sorry, Brandon. I really am, but we can't be together if we can't see each other every day, I just don't know how it would work out.", she says, and then I understand what she means, but I don't want to accept it.

"Wait, what?! You can't move not now. I just told you how I felt about you, and now I know you feel the same. You can't leave me. When did you find out you were moving, and when will you move?", I ask becoming more filled with anger with every second passed.

"I found out today, when my sister came and got me. I only have three days to say bye to everyone. I'm sorry but it's not my fault only if you saw how my mother looked you would be willing to move also.", she says, and I understand that I can't be mad at her.

I watch as she slowly begins to cry again I guess from thinking of seeing the way her mother looked. I hug her again and kiss her head, and she just looks up at me and smiles big.

"I'm very lucky to have someone like you Brandon you're a great guy, and you're so smart and loving. You need someone who is going to be there for you everyday, not across town, and can barely get her mom to even go to the store for her let alone a school football game across town at another school.", she says beginning to cry again. We just sit outside the classroom for about ten maybe even fifteen minutes before she finally is calm enough to go back inside. When we walk into the classroom everyone stares at us, some of the guys are giving me a thumbs up and smiling and some of them are just shaking their head at me. I just glare at them and take Ciara to her seat, and then I walk back to Mrs. Baker to tell her that Ciara was just having a bad day and that she should be okay now. As I walk to my seat I see Jillian looking worried and I just say later, and she understands. I reach my seat and I look at Ciara to make sure she is still okay, she looks back and smiles. At the end of class, Ciara leaves early all she says is that she needs something from our first period teacher. I wait in Mrs. Baker's classroom for Ciara to come back, and she comes in the class just as they dismiss the rest of the students. Ciara, Jillian, and I all walk together as always to the buses. When we get on, Mr. Brown looks at me and Ciara as if he is disappointed by something we did. I remember yesterday how I held Ciara in my arms and how I didn't let go until it was time for us to get off the bus. I laugh and he just shake his head, and Ciara starts to blush as she also remembers yesterday also. Jillian and Ciara sit together and I sit across from them, and just stare out the window thinking deep and hard about how Ciara only has three days before she moves and we won't see each other at school anymore.