Book 1⌇7. All Hallow's Eve

Amazingly created by the talented: The_Lancelot_

Chapter 7 ∣  All Hallow's Eve

-Annika

"Our presence is required in the parlor," Emily announces, her eyes trailing between both Carly and me. With a slight nod of my head, Carly signaling her own acknowledgment while I follow her to the entryway. The heels we wear echo softly as we close the distance between the three standing before us, the arch of my foot already starting to sting as I hardly wear heels, save for heeled boots.

Michael and Adam take a step back into the hallway, Emily moving to the side and allowing for Carly and me to emerge into the dimly lit corridor. The door swings shut behind us, Emily leaving it unlocked this time while Adam beginning his smooth stride in the direction Locaine had brought me about an hour or two prior.

Carly tries her best to keep up, trailing behind him like the little-lost kitten she is. Michael and Emily remain fixated in place, Michael drawing my attention when he locks his eyes with me and states, "After you," my eyes leave him, and I catch sight of Adam and Carly about ready to turn down another hallway. When I bring my gaze back to meet with his, and I don't move a muscle, he narrows his angered eyes and spits, "We don't bare our backs to hunters without having one of us at theirs."

Really?

I can't blame them...but considering my blood magic is oh so effective at killing each last one of them...I sure as hell think they are overprotective.

Then again, Michael nor Adam saw the little spat Locaine, and I had during the challenge...that was reserved for the vicious redheaded woman Rynn and her two sidekicks who stood around emotionless after the fight began.

The cue he gives me does not go unnoticed, and I don't want them to think I'm going to put up a fight. Not yet. Not until I can figure out how to get out of here without appearing as a threat.

Catching up with Carly as she continues her auto follow on Adam, I take in my surroundings, noting the elegantly beautiful portraits of individuals hanging on the walls. No doubt, these mighty creatures are all past coven members...perhaps some were once leaders, noting a few white-haired individuals, a few pictures capturing their dangerous black rose irises. Aside from our heels clicking softly against the snowy white marble floor, embedded with small flecks of gold, silence remains between us all.

Taking my eyes off the walls for a moment, I catch sight of Carly's backside and damn...her skirt barely covers her ass, her black thong coming into clear view each time she sways her hips. Now, if I can see that...it only causes my face to draw on the color of deep crimson, the thought of Emily and Michael having a clear view of my own undergarments makes me sick to my stomach with embarrassment.

Just as I return my attention to the walls and off Carly's ass, my heart stops in my chest. It never occurred to me that I'd come to an immediate halt, the frame catching my gaze causes my blood to run cold. The structure is not like any others, gold with small rubies encrusted into the deeply set frame causes the picture to pop that much more...