Part 1

Just outside the crepuscular entrance to Rusturf Tunnel, a young girl lays motionless on a rock, eyes lit by the stars above. An overwhelming sense of calm envelops the area, as gracefully a star shoots through the littered landscape above in a blistering blaze of glory.
Her hair is auburn, tinted azure against the night sky as it's carried gently by the wind in a slow motion like elegance. She wears tattered clothes, worn out by days in the rough, wild landscape she's come to know as her own. Her eyelids close slowly, with them trapping the dreams, aspirations, and sense of daring they reflect.
As her eyelids open again, they seem to stare up at the stars with a look of defiance; A challenge, looking beyond her place; outside the universe and what seemed her predestination, and into the realm deemed impossible. A look that said one day, I'll be there;
Somewhere in the stars...

"Hey there little guy..." The Eevee lays still, frail and weak. It's buried deep in the undergrowth, back turned to the girl as she approaches. She can sense hostility, but every step as she draws steadily closer yield a clearer look at the deep scar drawn across the Pokemon's back. She bites her lip, as she moves with incredibly gradual precision, closer still.
"Eeeeee..." The Eevee makes a soft grunt of a noise, sensing her directly behind him.
She carefully bends down, saying "easy there buddy," as she timidly reaches down to touch the top of it's head, hand shaking.
In swift, aggressive action, the Eevee twirls around suddenly, springing into the air to firmly sink it's fangs into the girl's hand.
"SHIT!" The girl shrieks, reeling back onto the grassy underbrush below. She withdraws her hand from the Eevee's mouth, and shakes it frantically in the air as her body jumps up to jog in circles, wincing as the pain continues to settle in. The Eevee looks up at her in her frenzied motion, with somber eyes of regret, circular like the moon.
As she shakes her hand one last time, she looks to see Eevee's eyes looking back at her, and sighs as she bends down to it's level, looking at it intently. "Hey dude... That wasn't cool."
The Eevee bows it's head slightly, as if showing some sense of understanding. The girl sighs again, then gets up to inspect the scar.
"Who did this to you?" She frowns as she once again bends down, reaching into her worn bag to find a handful of scrunched up revival herbs. "this is all I got left, hope it's enough..." She bashfully reaches her hand towards the Eevee's mouth, offering an herb. The Eevee sits and stares in silence at first, but finally succumbs to quickly snatching the offering from her hand and nibbling vigorously.
As he consumes the herb, the girl can't help but notice the slim collar tied around the Eevee's neck, with a miniature bell hanging off of it. She attempts to look closer, but the Pokemon turns it's head suddenly and she jumps back yet again.
The Eevee yawns, feeling some relief after consuming the herb, and bows it's head to the ground, relaxing it's body as it slowly begins to drift off to sleep.
Ecstatic at her chance, the girl moves closer to inspect the collar. she squints her eyes to make out the name; "Gus," written in the faded brown leather.
"Well that's some indication, I guess..." She leans back, feeling the breeze whisk through the forest as she contemplates her next step. Inspecting the scar again, she feels a sick feeling building in her stomach as she begins to acknowledge there's not much more she's able to do.
I guess Rustboro city is only a couple miles down the road... The girl bites her lips again at the thought of carrying this creature she hardly knows all the way to the Pokemon center. Maybe I should just move on...
The Eevee lifts it's head at this, eyes glaring straight into the girls heart with a sense of longing.
"Do you really have to do this to me dude? Every time I'm gonna give up on you!" The girl shakes her head, and stares back at the Eevee's sedated eyes. "Was that herb like Skitty nip for you?" 
The Eevee just continues to stare back, as if to answer her question with a resounding "yes, I'm totally stoned right now."
"Goddammit..." The girl rolls over onto her side, looking at the collar yet again. "You were abandoned, weren't you?"
The Eevee's eyes seem to shift away at this, it's cheeks puffed out as a frown is drawn across it's face.
"Yeah, I get it..." The girl says. "I was too..." Somehow, just from the Pokemon's body language, she can tell; this wasn't a runaway. This one really was left behind.
"This is a bad idea..." She gets up begrudgingly, and with a strong sense of resolution grabs the end of the Eevee's collar and rips it off in one powerful, decisive movement. She twirls it in her hand a few times, and musters up her strength as she underhand throws it as far away as she possibly can.
"Come on. Are we going to the Pokemon center or what?" She picks up the Eevee, tears hung in her eyes, a devilish smile across her face. She breathes in deep, and seconds later she's running, determined to make it their as fast as she can.
The Eevee looks up at her with a sense of wonderment, mouth agape as his mind whirls in confusion with the events that have just taken place.
Ahead of the girl, a small green pixie like silhouette seems to whisk past her like a shooting star. "That wasn't..."
She looks at the Eevee, to see it's eyes even more dazed than before.
The girls squint as her devilish smile broadens even deeper. Under her breath, she whispers; "What the hell is going on..."
She proceeds to laugh maniacally, (to Eevee's dismay,) as she trails out of the woods and into the new expanse of Rustboro City before them.