Part 10

Smoke billows up from the wreckage of Mauville. Standing in the soot, a man walks forward, his face marked with blood as his balance shifts from side to side. He looks weak, ready to collapse. His vision seems to look far away, into the sky as if he seeks some sort of salvation from the death that awaits him.

As his body begins to collapse on the unforgiving, flaming battlefield below, he's caught in the arms of a shadowy figure. a long cloak concealing their identity. "It's been a long time. Looks like you're not in the best shape."

"Son of a bitch," the man smiles. "It's the end of the world. Won't you just let me go?"

"Not yet," the cloaked man simply replies. A Flygon appears behind the two, flipping them onto it's back and then soaring away into the distance...

As they fly, a green delta sign can be seen on the man's cape, blowing in the wind....

Cecilia finds herself on a barren shore, looking at the city as Pokemon ruthlessly tear it apart. Vaporeon stands next to her, angrily looking at the wreckage beyond with destain. As Cecilia begins to walk slowly forward, into the fray of battle, Tony appears next to her, suddenly.

"Cecilia..." He looks lost for words as he sees her, completely soaked and pale. She looks to be in such an incredible shaken up state of shock she's unable to even process the situation.

Tony bites his lip, completely unsure of what to say. He doesn't want to admit how scared he had been when she had plummeted from the sky, how he had been so shaken up at the thought of her death. He swallows hard, and somehow musters up a smile. "Glad to see you're here. I'm gonna be honest with you? We've already pretty much lost this battle. But if you come with me, we still have an evil boss to find."

Cecilia's face remains pale and vacant as she simply replies "sure..."

Tony's smile begins to dissipate, his mind racing with the possibilities of what might have happened while she was unconscious.

"Hey, come on!" He edges her on, sending a Charizard out behind him.

"You can't stay down in the dumps forever! Look, I'm not going to pretend to know what happened down there. But what I do know is that you're stronger than you'll ever know. And it's time that you show that strength. So, hop on," he points to Charizard's back, hopping on himself. "We're going to go wreck some shop."

Cecilia breathes in deeply, and then hesitantly follows Tony's lead. "So where are we going?"

Tony smiles. "So you can talk! We're going underground. Believe it or not, the destruction of the city was just a ploy to distract us while their main attack was directed at New Mauville."
"New... Mauville?" Cecilia looks at Tony, eyebrow lifted as she tries to understand.

"An underground power plant. According to Wattson, that's where we'll find the team's leader."

Tony and Cecilia arrive on a small island, where a dank cave yields an underground passageway. Steven and Cecilia walk down, timidly making their way into the miniature power plant below.

There, a variety of contraptions appear to have stopped running in their usual patterns, leaving the area with a sense of lifelessness, the air cold and heavy. Tony grimaces, as Cecilia's face remains blank. They make their way deeper into the plant.

Through a couple of vault doors, the duo finally arrive in a room from which they see Wattson, lying unconscious on the floor. Tony immediately rushes towards him, but before he can make his way to Wattson's aid his body is struck with an ice beam, at which he's immediately paralyzed and collapses, his body frozen and motionless.