Into Focus

Into Focus

I wrote this after having a bottle of Smirnoff

Enjoy!
______________________________

"That doesnt make any sense, why? You cant just take them from me!"

"I think it would make a lot of sense if me and the twins left for a while." The matter of fact statement bit right through Harry, Elòne really wanted to take the kids from him. She thought he was crazy. And a liar. There wasn't much he felt he could do to change her mind.

The kids. Thats all he had left of her. He didn't feel the need to speak about her to anyone, they didn't need to know, all he needs is to look into Nova and Ava's faces and see her reflecting. Harry lost hope of freeing Freya a long while ago when the investigation ran cold and they closed the case. There hasn't been a kidnapping since.

"I didn't tell the twins anything, you have to believe me!" He begs with his last life line, he's all out of ideas and the only thing he could do was plead and cry. He feels like he's losing her all over again. With his hands clasping in a prayer and pressing on his lips is the same way he stood when he saw her body in the morgue. One last chance for her to pop up and say it was a joke, but she didn't, and Harry hopes this will end differently.

Elòne looks at him with eyes that dare him to try again. Try to get her to believe him with a better trick than tears. She's fallen into too many lies by believing in tears of people she's close to and she won't do it again.

"Mum, why are we leaving without Bear?" Ava asks in childish aggravation from watching them argue. It had been going on for days and even to the most incredulous person could tell he was telling the truth.

Bear. Harry groan at the petname given to him by his bestfriend, used only by her, and that had been out of use since she disappeared. He has never told anyone about it since she died. It was for her, from her, and died with her. He doesn't even consider himself the same person, too much has changed.

A quiet tune begins to come from the television, although the wrong one for Little Einsteins. Everybodies head snaps up as the music becomes louder and louder and Harry recognizes the song.

If you be my boat, I'll be your sea. A depth of pure blue just to probe curiosity.

Gregory and The Hawks...Boats and Birds.

It was their song since that night they stayed out in the fields until morning. It was stuck in their head for three months. With all the words memorized, they annoyed everybody with their constant singing, but they loved it. It was yet another thing that connected them, another inside joke, another congruent pain.

I live to make you free,I live to make you free. But you can set sail to the west if you want to, and pass the horizon 'til I can't even see you

Elòne stares at the television with a worldly worry, but Harry knows and the twins know. "Has the t.v. ever done that before? Maybe it's glitched or something? But this is why I'm leaving. Your staring at the t.v. as if it's speaking to you and you got the twins following right after you." Harry just looks at her, his mouth still hanging open slightly and eyebrows clenched.

His eyebrows became tighter and, tighter and his mouth got wider and, wider as he watched Elòne bring her hand up to wipe the black liquid that started to drip from her eye. Already startled thinking she might be crying, she jumped back and began wiping her hand off on everything, anything to get the slowly thickening black goop off when she realized it was not tears. The substance appeared to be dripping up her arm and falling back towards her ears from her eyes in several splayed lines.

If you be my boat, I'll be your sky. You can hide underneath me and come out at night when I turn jet black and you show off your light.

Harry hastily reaches out and grabs the twins away from Elòne and hides their faces from the horrific sight of the substance thickening and raising up off her face in the form of hands and completely coating the surface of her eyes only for wrists to form and spread up to her forehead and down her nose, completely covering her nostrils. She opens her mouth to scream and breathe but the hands quickly lunge down and covers it.

I live to let you shine, I live to let you shine. But you can skyrocket away from here, and never come back if you find another galaxy.

The sound Elòne makes, no matter how loud she knows she is from the pain that comes quickly to her throat, doesn't escape. Not a peep, or whimper got past the ice cold hands of black matter. She shakes and shivers in fear and chills.

"Don't scream! You'll scare the kids!" A menacing multi-tonal hiss sounds through the room, then it all melts down onto the floor,bubbling and gurgling just as the song from the television ends.

Just leave me your stardust to remember you by.

Then, even the black matter disappears and the television flickers before it turns back to Little Einsteins

Come on! Pat,pat,pat! The animated character encourages.

Elòne is distraught as she sinks quickly too the floor. Heaving, she panics and tries to get air inside. Feeling like she is definitely going to die no matter how much or hard she breathed, she gave into her panic attack.

As if someone told them it was over, Nova and Ava turn to look down at Elòne sputtering on the floor. When they walk forward she weakly uses the heel of her foot to push herself back, even as she hits the wall she desperately tries to get away and begs for them to leave her alone.

Harry closes his eyes and rubs his hands down his face taking in a deep breath, trying to understand why this is happening. Why now?

Nova and Ava reach out to place their hands on either side of Elòne's temple. She presses her head harder against the wall trying to break through it and squeezes her eyes shut. She feels their hands touching her and immediately she calmed down and breathed deeply. She felt blissful almost.

Upon opening her eyes she looks up and sees a woman with her hands on both Nova and Ava's shoulders looking down her nose at her with a stone cold face. She is familiar to Elòne put cant quite place her.

Harry opens his eyes when Elòne calms down and he hears her breathing go back to normal only to the back of someone holding onto his kids that should no longer be a part of this world.

"Freya."