Cabin 313

• Opgedragen aan Kinsey

Chapter One

I climbed out of the bus, bags in hand, and I took in an inhale of the outdoor air. A lush green forest was bundled around the mini town-like camp. The wooden planks of the older cabins looked like they would come apart at anytime. Some of the top of the cabins were missing shingles on the roof. Porches were lean, as if they were to collapse inwards if there was the smallest gust of wind.

A sign was placed at the entrance, Camp Caymon written into the wood. I smiled to myself. Home sweet home and it's good to be back again. Last year was a blast and I could already feel the good vibes. This is going to be the best Summer of my life at Camp Caymon.

The campers and councilors were running around, getting ready or goofing off. The sun beamed down on everyone's backs, making their tasks more complicated from the heat. Girls and boys were already gathering in their separate groups, picking out their camping buddies for the Summer. I brought my hand to my face, shading my eyes from the sun, observing the swarms of people for Amy.

I spotted a few darker brunettes, but none of them were her. I kept trying to scout her out until someone bumped into me from behind, also exiting the bus door. A girl with greenish eyes with dark hair and skin stepped out from behind me. I could tell from her expensive luggage and the cosmetics she used to make her look like she does, she had quite the wad of cash under her name.

She gave me a bright toothy-smile, showing off her perfectly aligned and blinding white teeth. I tried to mirror her expression, giving her my winning smile. I had a feeling I didn't pull off the same affect as gracefully as she did nor exotic. She gave me a slight nod of her head and strolled off, some boys already volunteering to carry her things. What poor bunch of lost puppies.

Amy appeared in front of me, her arm looped around Abbi's shoulders. Amy gave me a melodramatic wink and said, "Guess who just got a hotty's phone number..."

I opened my mouth to answer, getting ready state the obvious. Though, before I could reply she told me anyways, so I stood there catching flies.

"Abbi!" She grinned, jumping up and down, shaking Abbi's shoulders enthusiastically.

Abbi was the shiest of us three. I was surprised she was able to talk to this boy, whoever he may be, but I have a feeling Amy gave her a little help. Abbi blushed, her cheeks a rosy red as she looked down at the ground innocently.

When I looked back to Amy, she wiggled her eyebrows suggestively and I rolled my eyes playfully. "Okay, but we need to find our cabin. We need two other roommates unless we want to bunk with whoever our councilors choose."

Amy whined, "We don't know anyone else that's here."

I sighed, "Yeah. That's why we need to make some friends. C'mon."

When I managed to drag my bags-and Amy-we dropped off my bags at the cabin we chosen. Ours was one of the older versions and one of the furthest from the camp sight. It's two-stories tall and resembled a castle. Vegetation and weeds intertwined with the side of the building from overgrowth. The white paint was peeling off from weathering and the windows were fogged from the atmosphere's cool air. The more further we hiked back here, the more the temperatures dropped.

My focus went to the abnormal red door that stood out from the rest of the building. We were already onto the porch and the door swung open and I recognized the girl from the bus instantly. Her eyes trailed across the three of us, probably deciding whether or not we met her standards. To the left of her was another girl with a natural tan, her eyes a deep brown, and hair in a loose bun. She grinned, "Hey. We found your bags and hoped it was okay if we could partner up with your group."

I nodded my head, "Sure. I'm AJ, this is Amy, and that's Abbi."

The girl echoed back, "I'm Jade and this is Hazel."

Hazel's eyes shot towards my group and I. I couldn't tell if she disapproved or not. I didn't even know if she was the quiet type or if she talked at all, she hasn't said anything. Jade opened the door wider to let us into the cabin. We walked in, taking in the scenery.

Old paintings of random men and women was scattered along the walls. Dusty shelves and bookcases leaning against the walls. A hand carved fireplace made up by rock was centered on the main living room wall. The floorboards creak and moan under our feet with every step, bringing the cabin alive.

A woman descended from the staircase, her hand sliding against the railing. Her blond hair was stuffed in a loose pony tail, reaching her mid back. Her eyes were like coal, black and empty. It sent a shiver down my spine in her presence. She wore a plain, black tank top and jean shorts. You could've mistaken her for a normal person by her attire... until you seen her eyes.

Hanging around her neck was a red crystal and a black pearl necklace. It wasn't exactly pretty, not at all, it was different. She dragged her eyes across us in a disapproving matter. With a glare she spoke, "I'm Ms. Neon, your camp councilor. What I say goes and if anyone of you spoiled girls don't agree on that, you better turn around and leave when you have the chance.