Chapter 6:

Marie

Two weeks after the fainting incident with Cameron Carter, nobody has talks about that day. I don't know why, but that was the day that I developed the theory that she and I might be related. Same thing God for Ahkmenrah and Rami Malek. The same day Cameron Carter said, "very well then," which was something only Ahkmenrah and I said to each other. I don't understand why I became all paranoid all of a sudden. I looked at the necklace he made for me. It reminded me that he actually cares for me. It took away my worries. Remember what he said. My voice reminded me. "Hey Marie, ya know 'bout that new exhibit coming from Australia?" Jedediah's voice broke into my thoughts. "Sure." I said. Suddenly becoming curious. "Um when is she gonna be here? Will it be anytime soon? Do you know?" I ask him hoping this will take my mind away from Cameron and Rami. "Pretty sure during th' day." He said. "Thanks Jedediah." I wonder who she is. I hope I will be thinking about that more than the other thing...

"Hello Marie," Ahkmenrah said, kissing the top of my head after he walked up to me, "let's go for a walk." It wasn't a question. "Okay." I said.

"I need to tell you something."

"Okay, what's going on?"

"Well I don't know if I told you this, but, I'm married."

"Oh."

"So, anyway, if it is her who is the new exhibit, then I will remove our marital promise just for you."

"You would do that?"

"Anything for you." He said, gesturing toward my necklace. "Remember."

"I remember."

Ahkmenrah's POV

I was going to tell Marie I was married anyway eventually, but I only told her just now because I know it is my wife who is coming. I asked Larry, and he said her name... I don't love her anymore though. In fact, I never did. It was an arranged marriage. I never told her that I loved her, I don't ever lie. Although she always told me how much she loved me, but I- I shouldn't even be thinking about her...Nephthys, daughter of Cleopatra...but I don't love her. I love Marie.

"Marie?" I break the silence as we are walking down the halls.

"Hmm?"

"I don't love her. Never did." I begin to blush, "I love you."

I watched the smile grow on her face. "I thought you would never say that."

"I never lie."

Oh no... I just had a realization. Since there is no other Ancient Egypt exhibit in this museum, Nephthys will be placed in the same room as me. Oh no.

"Uh, Marie?"

"Yes?"

"There is one more thing I have to tell you..."

Nephthys' POV

~the next night~

I woke up screaming. Wait, why am I screaming? Why am I waking up? I died over 4000 years ago! Wait, I'm with Ahkmenrah! My love! "Ahkmenrah!" I yell. I can't get out of my sarcophagus. "I suppose I'm ready for this" I hear someone say. Who is that?

"You're lucky I let you out today, Nephthys. I wasn't let out until 50 years after I arrived."

"Oh Ahkmenrah!" I say in Arabic I don't know much English.

"Oof, uh Nephthys, this is Marie, my erm, girlfriend." He responds in Arabic.

"What is a girlfriend?"

"Or you could say lover..."

I looked at her. She was beautiful. I see why Ahkmenrah would want her as his lover...wait, lover? How is she his lover? I'm his only lover. This is confusing. She can't be his lover...

"Ahkmenrah, who is this?"

"This is Marie. My only lover. Soon, she will be my wife." He said in English. I understood that.

"WHAT?!" Marie and I both said.

"But I'm your wife."

"Ce qui se passe à nouveau . Il ne peut pas se produire à nouveau . Cela se passe à jeûner . Non..."

And then Marie ran out of the room.

Nick Daley's POV

"What the heck is your problem? But you love the dead pharaoh!" I said to Marie when she told me what happened. "That is exactly why! I'm dead. He's dead. We are museum exhibits! We can't get married. Also I do love him, it's just that he's taking everything too fast. On the first night I come her he 'makes out' with me, and two weeks later, he wants to marry me! I just don't know what to do sometimes..."