Chapter 7

Marie

I need to leave. I need to get out of here. Somewhere that doesn't come to life, or even better, back to my grave. I'm a dead princess, for Christ sake. 

Yes, I love Ahkmenrah, but he's rushing things, obviously. I went through rushed relationships every time I was in one all my life. I need to find a place to go.

Talk to Larry.

I tucked my necklace under the neckline of my dress as I Ventured off to find the night guard of the museum, trying not to let Ahkmenrah find me.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, I spotted Larry in the animal exhibit. 

"Larry! I need to talk to you. It's extremely important."

"Hey Marie. I'll be done in a sec. I'm just locking up the cages, and then we can talk............okay, done. What's up?"

"I need to leave."

"I told you. You can't leave, because when the sun comes up, you turn to dust."

"That's not what I meant. I need to leave, transfer, whatever you want to call it. I hear..."

"Wait. You want to leave? As in, not in this museum anymore?"

"Yes."

"May I ask, 'Why?'"

"I don't feel like telling you right now, but can you arrange it?"

"I don't want you to go, we don't want you to go."

"I just need some time. Can it just be a loan from here? Please?"

I never thought-- ever in my life-- that I would beg someone to get rid of me. Especially as a museum exhibit.

"Okay, Marie, you know how much I don't want this. We love having you here, but I guess I'll talk to Dr. McPhee. Where do you want to go?"

"How about...." I thought of the first museum that I knew about "The Smithsonian?"

He hesitated. "Okay, why? Ahkmenrah's brother is there, and he is not good news." 

"I'm not taking the tablet or anything. I'll be fine. I just need a break." Plus Ahkmenrah has a wife to be with and love. But I didn't say that.

"Okay, we'll try to get you there as soon as possible."

Thanks so much Larry.

Hey guys! Woooo! Sorry for not updating in forever. Also, sorry this chapter is so short. Like I said, I'm working on that. What do you think will happen to Marie when she gets to the Smithsonian?