happy birthday, owainglyn - and to others, a small letter (of thanks, mostly)

it is owainglyn's birthday today.

happy birthday, owainglyn!

thank you for being a friend to many of us. thank you for remaining a friend through thick and thin. none of us are perfect, but you sure feel like the perfect friend. i know many people on here who adore the ground you walk on. i sure understand why. i do too. i wish you a very blessed year ahead and forever, and i hope your dreams come true, i really hope that. thank you for being there when we need you. i think you must sometimes be quite sick of us all, but you always come through for each and every one on here that needs assistance, no matter how busy you are or how limited your time is. your patience and wisdom is remarkable. have an unforgettably lovely day, okay? i wish you health and true happiness. you are precious to me. (as you can see, occasionally i do soppy)

i want to take the opportunity here to say something else (i was not sure if i should, but what the hell).

wattpad can be a very lonely place. i found this out about six months after i joined. i will never forget, it was the beginning of a year when i was quite shattered by a very unfriendly and aggressive incident. i was so naive. i was also in deep shock. i felt my wattpad world had ended. i thought this was the end of my time on here when i had just found the site. being honest and being straight forward and speaking one's mind did not seem to be the right thing to do at all. it is as if people invite one to be that, please, but don't you dare be! avoiding people and muting them and staying completely out of their way also seems to somehow be the wrong thing, even if that is what wattpad advises when one does not get on with another member (or they with you).

let me say this once: i vote when i want and i read what i want and i will not be intimidated by pms (i still have them) from members who expect it to be different.

i have been on wattpad a few years now and there are periodic flare ups of unpleasantness, but they are few and far between and i know it will happen on huge sites such as wattpad. plus i got wise. this is not my life, even if i love wattpad like crazy. there sure is life after and outside of it. so if the same thing ever happens to anyone who reads this, just know this, it has happened to others too. it is merely a storm in a teacup, that is all, but i know how devastated one can feel. trusting people is risky business. it takes careful time to get to know who the trustworthies are, but i can tell you that it is worth every second of the time it takes, to reap the benefits of nurtured wattpad friendship. you have as much right to be on here as the next person. and if push comes to shove, you can actually just walk away. but i also know how very hard it can be to get rid of a bully who keeps crying bully. someone told me once to look for tell tale patterns in situations. i certainly notice them. also remember, those who matter will not be influenced by the bullies and those who are, certainly do not matter. this is the truth.

be this as it may. know that you are most likely not the only person to be menaced. there are always others who bear the brunt of some. and this is exactly what made me feel less alone. the fact that some of us are quiet about harrassment because that is just our nature and we just wish to avoid having anything to do with some people altogether, makes a situation less obvious, because our voices are seldom heard as i, personally, think avoiding someone is the best way to handle a situation like this. there can be such relentless venom and noise. but it is a good feeling to know one is not alone in this. we shut up. we do not discuss. but we know. and knowledge is a good thing. it decentralizes the power of the paranoid and the vicious. life lifts again. thank goodness. i still keep my eyes down occasionally, but my mind looks up and out. (oh yes!) and i would like to say thank you to every single person for presenting me with sanity when i felt there was none. i honestly feel that i must be the luckiest person on earth for that.

thank you.

i could write these two words a thousand times.

(i want to add that everything on this page is my personal opinion, i do not mean to speak for others)

the media is a feelgood song i learned to adore, it's just so cute and slightly silly. i want to sing it to everyone i love. i hope it makes you feel as good as you make me feel.

seasofme031215