Chapter 4

Alex's POV
As the night rises I stand up and looks around before bolting down the hallway and back towards the alley. Why am I going back? What is this feeling I have for him? I slow down once I reach the alley. I pant slightly and looks around squinting trying to get my eyes to adjust to the dark. Suddenly I hear a gust of wind behind me. I whip around and looks up into the dark blue eyes. I swear I could just stare into those eyes for ever. The vampire chuckles and I heard another small gust of wind before he is standing right up on me making me back up into the alley wall. This again. But...I love it for some reason. "Oh princess.. Why do you keep coming out by your self?"  He questions me. I take a deep breath. " it's Alex. And I.... I knew you would be here". He looks shocked at first then his face shows no emotion once again. " ah. Ok....."  We both just go quiet staring into each other eyes for what seems like an eternity. " mr vampire...... I have a few questions for you..."  He raises an eyebrow slightly a smirk tugging at his lips. " alright.. Ask away I guess..oh and by the way. The name is Aiden. ". I nod slowly.
" ok. My first question is. Why are you protecting me?" His eyes widen slightly.  It seems an eternity passes before he takes a deep breath and opens his mouth. " Well... uhm... Do you believe in soul mates?" He tilts his head slightly and avoids all eye contact with me. I think for a moment still staring at him. I nod slowly. " yeah... i mean i guess.."  He sighs "alright.. well us vampires have... soul mates... but we call them our beloved.. and we... want to protect them everyday and we find it hard to keep away from them... we also get.... thoughts.. that most dont have until they are married.. or really loves someone.." I nod slowly.. "ok... go on..". He goes quiet again and looks around as if thinking how to put the next sentence together. Oh what is he gonna say... "Well.. miss hu-.. uh sorry.. Alex.. you.. are.. uh.. my beloved.." He looks down at the ground and wrings his hands nervously. I stand there shocked staring at him.. "Your...... your joking right.." He shakes his head. " no... im not.." I scoff.

Aidens POV

I stand there wringing my hand together glancing up at her thinking she will hate me. " You know Alex.. if you don't want to be my beloved.. you could reject me... All you have to say is.. I Alex what ever your last name is.. Reject you Aiden Black as my beloved." I hope she doesn't reject me. She straightens up. Oh no. " I Alex Taylor reje-" . Her voice cracks and she stares into my eyes. She clears her throat. " I Alex Tayl-" Tears fill my eyes so I close them and clench my fists ready for the pain to rip through my chest. But instead I feel a body fall into mine and arms wrapping me in a hug. " I can't... i just can't reject you.." My eyes snap open and I pull back staring into her eyes. She smiles slightly and hugs me tighter to her. " Im sorry i almost rejected you.." I just shrug slightly and sits there in hugging her lightly as she hugs me tightly.