Chapter 6

Alex P.O.V

I fall asleep against Aiden. I've just lost my mom. Who wouldn't cry their self to sleep? I feel my self being picked up as I lean against his chest limply.

Aiden's POV
She lays against my chest limply as I hold her to me. I sigh heavily knowing she wouldn't want to eat or do anything for a few days. Heck it might be months before she'll even think about doing anything. I look down at her mother before turning the heart monitor off, the long beeping sound slowly dies down. I sigh again before picking Alex up holding her, one arm under her legs the other supporting her neck. After a second of looking around the room I walk out the doorway and to the entrance of the hospital. I see the sun is starting to come up. "Crap.." I stare out at the horizon deciding if I could make it back to the coven. Even if I did the king probably wouldn't allow Alex to stay in a room. If he did he was in a good mood. Still he'd most likely put her into the dungeon until I can prove she's my beloved. If I can't then I'd be kicked out of the coven and she would be forced to stay as a slave to all the vampires. Used for her blood. I decide to take my chances. I walk out of the hospital. A small ray of sunlight hits my face and I wince lightly before I start running, my vampire speed helping me out, to the coven and I make it before the sun is fully out. I hold Alex closer to me as more vampires come out looking at her. I growl lightly, their gaze snaps up to mine. I glare at them and keeps my grip on my beloved tight, I keep walking until I get to my room, walking in and closing the door, laying Alex on my bed carefully watching her as she cuddles into the blanket. I smile lightly before I hear a loud thumping of a knock on my door I grimace lightly. "aaaaand it begins" I mumble lightly walking to the door opening it slightly. I look up at the king.

"Aiden. There has been a few.... Complaints.... That there is a human stinch coming from your room... Is that true"?

I hesitate before answering. "Yes, but, here me out. She is my beloved. She really is and I know you would want some kind of pr-" he cuts me off

"You know you are not allowed to have humans here!" He growls out. "You should be thrown in the dungeon right now and your so called beloved to be drunk dry!"

I hold back a growl and nods. "Yes, I know that. But please. I will show you that she is my beloved! You know how humans are scared of us vampires! She isn't afraid of me though! I can show you when she wakes up!"

"Wake her now. If you fail to wake her up you will face the consequences of bringing a human". He crosses his arms glaring down at me.

I sigh and nods doing as I'm told slowly walking to the bed looking down at Alex "hey Alex. Wake up..." She doesn't move but she gives a soft groan of protest. I smile lightly and rests my hand on her shoulder and shakes her lightly. "Cmon sweetie wake up." I hear the Kings footsteps walk into the room as Alex groans once more but slowly sits up rubbing her face lightly.
"Alex.. This is the vampire King. He wants us to prove we are beloveds.. Ok?" She gives a short nod still rubbing her eyes lightly staying quiet.  I look up at the king. "So how exactly do you expect us to prove we are beloveds?"

He think for a moment. "You will have to hold the coming together of the beloved ceremony in front of the coven and if I remember correctly. When a human is a beloved to a vampire the human would either glow at the chest or pass out". I nod slowly then looks down at Alex who is now staring up at the king.
"I'll happily do the ceremony. But only if she is ok with it. If not we will wait". The king glares at me but nods agreeing. He then turns and walks out the door closing it. I look back over at Alex to find her curled up on the bed again staring at the wall. I sigh sadly watching her shallow breathing, and listening to her heartbeat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for the long wait guys. I hope you like it so far. And I would happily take names for the vampire king. ^~^