Chapter 9

Aiden's POV
I sigh looking down at Alex in my arms. I should have stopped when she said my name. I should have. But I couldn't. Her blood tastes so wonderful.

I lift her up bridal style, her head falling to the side her face in my chest. Her arm laid across her chest.

I frown, mad at my self that I caused this. I growl lightly, walking to my bed laying her down carefully. I lick my lips, cleaning the rest of the blood off.

I cover her in the blankets then I look towards the door, unsure if I should leave or not. I look back down at Alex before hearing a knock at the door.

Guess I'm leaving. I head over opening the door. I blink, shocked, as Cedric is standing there. The bloody, god forsaken King. I put on a fake smile giving a small bow.

"Sir... What a pleasure to see you again". I act out the routine you are taught.

He growls and huffs. "Stop the crap Aiden. I need your Mate.. Now"

My eyes widen and I growl eyes flashing. "You won't touch her"

He sighs "I thought you'd say that.."

I look at him confused before I feel a prick in my arm. I growl and pushed against the king until we are in the hallway me holding him against the wall by his neck. I start getting tired.

"What did you do"?! I growl out my grip weakening.

He smirks "oh nothing" he easily tosses me aside, as I get to weak to even stand, and steps over me into the room.

I hear shuffling before a scream. I feel a pain in my neck, eyes drooping I try to crawl towards the room.
"A..Alex"

I groan my head thumping on to the ground as I pass out. Darkness consuming me.

Alex's POV
My eyes snap open as pain erupts in my neck. I cry out and starts punching and clawing at the person on my neck. It's nothing like when Adrian bites me. This hurts... Way to much.

I finally connect my fist to the mans face. I hear a thump and a groan before the teeth are ripped from my neck. I cry out again as they tear my skin off.

My hand slaps against it automatically as I scrambled back weakly to the other side of the bed. I look at the culprit to see the man before. The vampire King. My eyes widen.

He growls at me standing up reaching for me. I feel a scream bubbling up my throat. He quickly slaps a hand against my mouth muffling any sounds from me.

He grabs my hair jerking me towards him. Another muffled scream comes from my mouth. He bites down into my neck again. All I feel is more pain. Before darkness consumes me.

I'm sorry... Please wake up and come back to me... I love you so much... It was a horrible accident. I tried to save you... But I failed... Alexandria please. Please wake up.... Please.

I know that voice.... But from where. I don't understand this. All I see is darkness. I don't feel anything.  I'm so confused. I feel helpless. That voice is the only thing keeping me sane.

All I can think about is that voice while I lay in darkness. I don't remember how I came into this peaceful, but horrifying darkness. The only thing I really remember is pain. My screams being muffled by a hand.

I need help. I need light. I'm tired of the darkness.

I need to wake up.