Promise Her

Lapis Pov:
As we pulled up the hill and to the ceremony, I looked out the window.

Everyone stood up and faced the Limousine, waiting for me to get out.

Everyone in Beach City was here!

I grasped my bouquet tightly, threw my veil over my face, and the same person helped me out of the limo.

I stared in her eyes.

Peridot was shining with sweat, it was really cute.. And made me nervous too.

Steven walked up to me, and bent his arm out, I interlocked our arms, and giggled.

He couldn't stop smiling, as I walked towards Peridot.

People passed by me, gasping.

I felt like a princess, about to marry a prince.

Peridot Pov:
Piano music rang in my ears, tears filled my eyes.

Peridot: Lapis...
I whispered her name, because that was what rang throughout my mind.

She looked gorgeous.

She finally got up to me, and looked in my eyes.

Garnet was wearing a priest outfit, and was smiling seriously.

How is she so serious about everything? HOW DO YOU SMILE SERIOUSLY?

Lapis Pov:
I reached Peridot and just looking at her made me tear up.

Peridot held my shoulder, and I shivered.

We were smiling like idiots.

Garnet: Welcome. Everyone.

We turned to face Garnet.

Garnet: to the ceremony of these two gems. Who love each other, dearly. Just like me.

She winked and everyone laughed.

Garnet: These gems, have been through hell. But they are still here. And love each other. When I say love, I mean it. This isn't just a wedding like everyone else's, it's something special. Gems bonds are amazingly powerful, but this one seems to be more. More than just a love. It's a friendship. A relationship. A conversation.

I turned to face Peridot, and held her hands.
We were getting emotional.

Garnet: people's lives are more than a being. They are a blessing. And when one blessing loves another, it forms something beautiful. Wether it's just a crush, or a relationship...it is wonderful to know one loves another. Love is a strong word. It's meaningful, and it can change a persons life forever.

Pearls eyes were filled with tears, and Steven stood next to Greg, smiling.

Garnet: These two have changed their lives forever. Our lives forever. My life forever. And to thank you for that, Lapis Lazuli.

Lapis Lazuli: Yes?

Our eyes filled with tears, more gathered as they fell down my face.

Garnet: do you take Peridot, your wonderful Peridot, to hold your heart up when it's down? To lift her chin when she falls, and when you both can't handle the unknown, will you try? Will you be strong for her? For you? Will you trust her with your heart and soul... And gem?

Lapis Lazuli: I already do..

Peridot blushed and cried, which caused me to do the same.

Peridot Pov:
Garnet: Peridot, when you are alone, and sad, or down, or feel fallen, will you remember your fiancé? And all she has done for you? What you have done for her? What you two have made together? What has blossomed and spread across the universe will not be forgotten, can you manage to keep that safe and trust it? Trust me? Trust them? Trust you?

Trust her?

I looked down then looked back up at Lapis.

Peridot: I promise for her. And for everyone.

Garnet: Well... You may now kiss Lapis Lazuli, your wife.

I threw off her veil as she laughed and cried at the same time, grabbing her, spinning her, and kissing her.

All of a sudden, a huge white light consumed us.

What is going on...?!