Chapter 1

"Your Majesty, there is a letter from the Captain." The servant Piko bowed before me and handed me the letter in loyalty. I sighed and snatched the letter of his hands and ripped it open muttering. "What does he want know? More money and excuses??"

Dear your majesty,

We want to let you know, that we will be leaving early in the morning by tomorrow to our journey to the war. We much appreciated for your will to give us support and resources for our soldiers and our sailors as they will work hard during the war for our country.

Kind regards and gratitude,

The Duke.

I just snorted and threw the letter to the little table I had next to my throne and muttered again. That Captain better make it worth it because I just had enough getting words from that greedy old man..

"Onii-sama, you know you can't treat people who serve you like that." Rin said. I looked down at the basket of flowers she held in her arm which she always picked from her own garden and put the flowers in everyday to take it to her room.

She's very intelligent and studies about plants and flowers, which was why people referred to a fairy. "I don't care." I said, sitting down on Father's throne with my face resting on my hand.

My name is Len Kagamine. I am the Prince of my country, and the heir to the throne. I am always spending most of my days at my desk working away for my people, including those fools kissing my shoes and saying meaningless praises for my wealth and status.

Perhaps....I could get rid of them and make some good use of the villagers and see if they'll make any difference, however the aristocrats won't be pleased with this.

Rin held my other hand that I placed on my lap and pushed my bangs up. "I know you're so stressed about becoming a King and that you're now responsible for everything so you feel tired and frustrated, but if you ever feel you need to take all your stress and frustration out, I'll always be welcoming you to come and talk to me." She smiled.

I couldn't help but do a tiny smile at that.

I dislike everyone, however....Rin is the exception. She is the most loveliest and sweet person I could ever wish for who is always there for me and is my most trustful person to rely on. Her self is just as beautiful as she is on the outside, dazzling so beautifully like a rose and moving so elegantly with those long thin doe like legs of hers.

I'm no wonderful prince who shines so handsomely in his white horse, but a miserable person who always prefers to stay alone and hate people around me, I could never be the same as her.

"Oh, what are you two doing?" Mother asked coming in and sat at her throne, relaxing. Rin put a little smile as I turned red, realizing how we looked from someone's perspective and quickly stood up from the seat.

"N-Nothing. Just....Taking a rest at least...." I said, averting my eyes.

"When is Len's crowning ceremony again?"  Rin asked.

"In september, so in 10 months, Len, you will have time to prepare." Mother said, coming Rin's hair.

When I go outside and go into the garden, sitting at the bench, I looked out to the sea that was near my castle. It was quite fresh and windy, and it cooled me down.

There was just so much works to sign and so many people who come from other countries around the world who want to visit me and such. Being a teenager who is carrying the weight of turning into a King, wasn't was I expected. When I was little, Rin and I used to play around so carefree and happily, doing everything together such as studying or reading books. One favourite thing we liked to do was that I would pretend to be a knight in shining armour and rescue little Rin who was a lady on distress, and I really miss those days. I could relive those days without a problem.