Chapter 8

To be continued...

We walked out to see the carriage arriving and watched as the Randsons got out of the carriage and walked into the gates which opened and Eclair and Eric and Mr and Mrs Randson walked towards us, bowing in front of us.

That's when Neru hugged my arm, getting all attached to me making me snap out of my mind. "Neru, what are--" Mother shushed me and then made a bright smile to her front, so I looked to my front too, then froze, stopping at my tracks to see Eclair standing right in front of me. She was smiling, but I could see fire in her eyes or something.

"Good afternoon your highnesses and Princess Rin and Princess Len! It's such a pleasure to see you all again! Especially for agreeing to come to our daughter Eclair's birthday party!" Mr Randson said in gratitude and looked at Neru and Mr Akita. Father stepped in and explained for anything could get all worse and awkward when I looked at him with a look. "It is, and we thank you for inviting Len to a special party, because he's been stressing out with working all the time and I guess he needs some rest, but also, we just want to say that we thought if we had gotten our close friends with us to come along with us too!"

I couldn't concentrate because Neru was still hugging me so tight, I thought the blood inside my arm was going to get clogged up and my hand was going to turn purple or something.

"Oh really? Don't worry, we don't mind at all! Although that's what my party was here for--to meet more new friends each year!" Eclair said in a chirpy voice. "And who's this woman?"

I looked to my side to see Neru smiling, but looking really mad. "I'm Prince Len's close friend! My name is Neru Akita! The daughter of the Captain of the Military who serves for the King and Queen! Right, your highness??" She asked. Mother smiled in pride not noticing Eclair's anger and said. "Yes! I always thought she was sweet and just right to be Len's bride!"

"And where is Rin?" Eric asked.

Suddenly, the doors opened and Rin came running and stopped in front of Eclair. Rin handed Eclair the present that we made and said. "Happy birthday! Me and Onii-sama made this very specially hand-made this for you!!" Eclair opened the present and picked up the necklace we made for her. "The green jewel is fresh from the sea. I love to go to the seas to find precious things and I found just a day later after you and Eric arrived to our house. This reminded deeply of you, and when we were making this for you, it was very strange because I Len chose this because he said that this one fitted you."

I froze, remembering what Rin had said when I chose that jewel. "Actually, this one is very great for her!" No wonder....

Eclair smiled so happily and so gratefully, that gave a big hug to Rin. "Oh thank you! This is so....Beautiful! Even you thought of asking Len's opinion which would fit me and Len also partly made this...." She gushed and immediately clasped it around her neck. I couldn't help but smile at that. Rin made another friend!

(Neru POV)

I watched, green in envy as Rin and Eclair began to spend the whole time chattering. It wasn't because of the present, but because of Rin and her personality. I mean, she's so perfect! Slim body, doll face, gold hair, perfect body, perfect skin, perfect eyes and looks so pretty in any dresses! Even the boys here are eyeing her....And....Even she's a kind girl and she had already made best friends with that girl when that girl is actually suppose to be envying her too!

Rin turned to me and winked. "Have fun with Onii-sama!" I smiled back and nodded, with pink cheeks.