The Escape

Jiinan Draav walked over to Fin ecstatically as the clone trooper jumped up and gripped the sides of the ventilation shaft. Jiinan did the same.

"Did you hear what happened, Jiinan?" Fin asked.

"No," Jiinan replied inquisitively.

"Well, it turns out Tup managed to jump out of the hangar bay door and hold on to a ship that was leaving. Grievous was fuming. Apparently he survived the fall and has regrouped with Masters Koon and Mundi according to the ship's heat trackers," Fin answered.

"Wow. That's a story that's a story to be remembered. Anyway, what's your plan?" Draav asked as he too jumped into the ventilation shaft.

"The main hangar is only a few minutes away so hopefully we can get back to our ship and then take off before they notice you are gone. I overheard the guards saying that you were having an 'appointment' with General Grievous at 3:00AM standard time. Then they started sniggering," Captain Fin said, informing Jiinan of the details.

An appointment? Jiinan knew what he would do. General Grievous would torture him until he revealed the whereabouts of the Jedi Masters Plo Koon and Ki-Adi Mundi.

"We need to move faster. The time is already showing as 2:47AM and he could want me earlier," Jiinan said as he crawled ahead of Fin. They kept on crawling for a few more minutes until the pair reached a ventilation grate. Fin pulled the hatch off and looked at his ship.

"So we get on the ground and we have to make a run for it. Neither of us have a weapon..." Fin said as he was interrupted by Jiinan

"Unless we steal a droid's blaster," he finished.

"Great thinking," Fin replied. Fin jumped down, followed closely by Jiinan as the Jedi force pulled a blaster from the droid's mechanical hands. He passed it to Fin and the clone shot down two battle droids.

"Get into the ship!" Fin shouted as he shot down another battle droid. He used an acrobatic leap to reach his ship as a dark red shape from the sky appeared. It seemed like his own ship, but that wasn't possible.

"Jiinan Draav. How nice of you to join me. I was just going to ask my MagnaGuards to fetch you when I heard all this calamity. What a shame that I'll have to kill you and your friend," said General Grievous as his towering figure entered the room.

"Grievous! You won't beat me again!" Jiinan shouted as he force pulled his lightsaber from the cyborg's inside pocket. He ignited his green lightsaber. General Grievous immediately attacked the weaker opponent, Fin. The cyborg attempted to hack down on the Clone Captain but he rolled out of the way in a commando style. He slashed at Fin again, only to be met with a parry of Jiinan Draav.

The dark red ship entered the hangar as the two lightsaber armed combatants continued to duel, with General Grievous bringing his lightsabers down as hard as he could on Draav, whilst the latter opponent acrobatically dodged and flipped out of the way of the cyborg's attacks. Jiinan Draav force pushed Grievous away and turned to look at the dark red ship. It was Mace Windu and Kit Fisto! They had came to rescue him! Grievous pulled himself up, and stared at the three Jedi now opposing him in the space of his own hangar.

"Well, well. If it isn't the notorious General Grievous," Mace Windu sarcastically stated as he gripped his lightsaber and positioned it in the Vaapad style, a reformed form VII of combat.