H for Hartley Chapter 6

Quick shoutout to xxAvie21 for my first ever vote for H for Hartley! :) 

_______________________________________________________________________

I sat on the cold tiled roof, as the night air began to fly. Even just the wind seemed to make everything calmer. 

I needed space, and time, to think. I couldn't seem to take my mind off that one girl. That one girl, that made my mind spin with curiosity. 

I felt like I knew her, as if I knew her from another life. She was human, but she seemed... 

Like me. 

A creature of the night. A creature that savoured the sweet rustic liquid that ran through her body everyday, the liquid I needed to survive. 

I put my hand through my tangled windswept hair, wondering if a rub make would make my thoughts any clearer. 

I closed my eyes and breathed deeply, wondering about my new life here in England. 

Everything's so different from America...I'm surprised that I seem to be the only one- 

I pushed that thought away for a second. It just made me more depressed about beginning alone. 

Though, I did meet another human today, she seemed quirky. I can tell from her body language that she has high grades, probably nothing lower than a B. She seemed to be thinking about me a lot too, just like...

                                                                                      * * *

I sat at my computer to try and find research about my Aunts most recent hand reading. 

James Hartley...apparently he was a problem. 

He's not that big of a problem, it's just that supposedly he was the stranger I was foretold to meet today. 

My Aunt said he was "mysterious" and "dark", which after a while of thinking, slightly agreed with.  

The mysterious part being that he was new and no one knew anything about him, and the dark part being that he kept himself private and...he wore black clothing...? 

To be honest I couldn't quite understand the dark description. To me "dark" sounded like he was suppose to be horrific, and full of...terror. 

But I couldn't judge a book by it's cover. Right now he was ok, and that was all that mattered. 

I tapped my finger on the mouse pad, not sure what to look for. As my mind came up with nothing, I just simply typed in, "James Hartley". 

As I waited for the page to load, my mind cast back to my Aunt Jenna's hand reading again, and when she said "He has a dark secret," and "If anyone finds out about it, it could affect us all,". 

That was what scared me. 

What could affect us all if someone like James Hartley -the new student that was new in town- had a secret that someone found out about? 

Nobody knew him. He couldn't possibly have a...DARK secret...and one that could affect EVERYBODY... 

Maybe he killed someone I thought humourlessly, but stopped abruptly as my mind contemplated it. 

I quickly shook it off as I tried to tell myself that that was impossible and unlikely as I looked at the results of the internet. 

It was just what I expected, James Hartley's on FaceBook, a few James Hartley's in year books, and a few James Hartley's searching research for science.