H for Hartley Chapter 9

Ok I am very sorry for not updating! Justin Bieber Never Say Never came out on DVD yesterday (and from my profile you could see I was pretty excited) so I was watching it with a friend and it was awesome.

Sorry about that! But at least there is an update now right?

Sorry for the hold up...

______________________________________________________________________________

* * *

"What are you doing here?" I asked agitated.

"I need to keep an eye on you some how," Phillip smiled.

"By enrolling at my school?"

I had discovered today that Phillip had started at my human high school. Like I don't have enough of him keeping an eye on me... And now even at my high school?

Phillip nodded. "You're there for six hours a day."

"It's too risky for the two of us to be there." I shook my head, "I already know it's bad enough that I'm there...and now TWO vampires?"

"You didn't seem so worried about being discovered before this," he raised an eyebrow.

"Believe me I was," I chuckled as I put a hand through my hair.

"Well we won't get caught. I know how to keep us on a low profile...I'm going to hypnotise the teachers into giving us no projects. No homework or assignments...so we don't have to interact with the humans."

"Too late," I smirked, "I've already got homework."

"What?" he widened his eyes a little, "What is it?"

"Science, Howard," I explained, "I'm doing a project with Violet."

"The other human girl you know?"

"Yes," I nodded.

"We can't get close to them James..."

"I wasn't planning to," I snapped.

That was slightly a lie.

I wanted to blend in. It would make me more of an outcast if I DIDN'T talk to anyone and act human. And plus I wanted to figure the humans out...and see how their take of the world is.

"I have a sense part of that is a lie..."

"What?" I widened my eyes.

"I know how your mind works James, we're brothers. I know you want to try and understand the humans...they are interesting I know, but..."

I sighed. "It's going to make me even weirder if I don't take part in things at school. If I am an outcast people will give me MORE attention."

"But you'll be safe."

I punched a bark of a tree lightly that was beside me. I lifted my head to look at it, and decided to punch it harder. Some leaves fell off it. I gave it a third strike, using all the power and force I could muster, and sent it falling to the ground.

I was strong...but not that strong. What I could do right now was average for a vampire. I needed to drink human blood to achieve my full potential. I could create something close to an earthquake if I wanted to.

I wouldn't be able to just knock ONE tree over, I would be able to knock all of the trees in the forest over, with ONE blow. Not three for just ONE weak pathetic tree.

"I wish you would drink human blood James," Phillip sighed, "You would love all the benefits you got with it."

"You mean benefits of being a monster?" I snapped, "A killer? A predator? Is that what you want me to be brother? And live up to my full potential and be like we're told in books and movies?"