H for Hartley Chapter 13

Update time! This is a good one if I don't say so myself *smiles smugly*

Oh I'm just kidding, it's up to you guys of course!

I found this really cool picture on the right, and I thought it could be when James and Violet was doing their science project? I think it's pretty awesome!

Anyway, ONWARDS!

___________________________________________________________________________________

I reached into the forest a few minutes later, and felt myself surrounded by marsh, leaves and twigs.

Why was it so dark in here yet it was the day? It could have been the middle of the night if I didn't have a watch on.

I could smell the dampness of the tree barks, and I cursed myself every time I stepped on a noisy twig.

I looked above me, still walking forward, as I saw a few crows flock from the high trees. I wonder what had spooked them?

As I continued to walk and look above me, I tripped on a rock that was wedged into the ground.

I fell to the ground and felt my knees and hands being scraped by the hard, sharp woodland floor.

"Great!" I echoed angrily through gritted teeth and held my hands, trying to squeeze the pain out of them.

Damn it. Blood.

Both of my hands had huge slices across the palms, when I suddenly felt a similar liquid squirm down my leg.

Oh please don't let it be...

I lifted up trouser leg to find that my right knee was bleeding rapidly as well.

I sighed and tried to dab it down with my fingers, but when that didn't work I just put my jeans over it again and let it soak into the denim.

My aunt wouldn't be happy about cleaning that.

I tried to pull myself up, but failed miserably as I felt my right leg give way under me. I could barely walk on it.

I collapsed back on the muddy ground in a pant, feeling my hands sting a little more as I made contact with another surface.

Why hadn't I just took the ride from Phillip and stopped being so petty? Maybe I could have forced a little information out of him about what I had forgotten...

Damn it!

Why hadn't I thought of that earlier?

I was definitely going to be late for school now.

I checked my watch and saw the hand tick over the school bell.

Sighing, I let my hand down onto my lap again, feeling fed up.

James and Phillip would be back at school now in class, so I couldn't call them to come help me.

A lightbulb went off in my head.

That's it! My phone!

I could phone my Aunt Jenna and ask her to come get me!

I reached into my pocket and waited impatiently for her to pick up.

As I continued to wait, suddenly my phone disappeared out of my hand.

I was holding onto thin air after it vanished.

Just like that.

I looked about fanatically, realising I hadn't dropped it, and it was more like someone had SNATCHED it from me.