H for Hartley Chapter 15

Update time! Sorry that the updates have been a bit funky... (funky? lol) but I'm working on some other stuff...and I guess I wanted to write some more of them before I think about uploading!

Anyway ONWARDS!

(Violet and Phillip to the right)

_____________________________________________________________________________

I tapped my pencil on my jotter repeatedly. I was going to see James in registration, which is right now, but I wasn't going to talk to him till second period.

That was the plan.

But I still couldn't push off the worry gathering in my stomach, thinking about when he entered the room, when I saw him...

He will probably try and dodge me the whole day no doubt, I must have hurt his feelings a lot yesterday.

I don't even want to start thinking of Phillip...

I didn't see him this morning, so I hadn't apologised yet. I was searching for the blonde shaggy head since I arrived at school, with still no luck.

Sarah thought something was wrong.

I lied of course, saying everything was fine, but when she asked if it was about James and Rebecca, I broke down my shield.

Jealously was even worse when you had to admit it in front of someone, I must have looked like such a fool!

Or a brat, either way.

I kept staring at the door, waiting for the leather jacket or wavy dark hair to walk in.

I looked around to make sure he hadn't arrived already, when nothing. Rebecca was alone.

Oh...see James has started to sit next Rebecca in the mornings, because they are "together" after all. He actually walks everywhere with her, to classes, in classes...

It's like a disease where they are pulled together like a magnet, it just doesn't happen.

He never spoke to me much after the Science project, which I had predicted of course. He still does small talk and things, but never outside of class.

He's too busy with HER.

The bell rang to be registered and the teacher began to call out our names one by one, still no James.

He was late?

He hasn't been late in a while so I've been told, the last time he was late was in French class, which was a few days ago.

I looked around the room again to make sure he definitely wasn't here, and stopped tapping my pencil as the room grew quiet.

The teacher marked James as absent when she reached his name, and I sighed.

Of course I stumbled on my name because I was thinking about him, making a few people snicker. They are so immature and unnecessary sometimes!

The second bell rang and everyone rushed out of the seats to first period.

History.

Ok, this gives me a whole period to think up of an apology to James. Even better, if I see Phillip in the corridors, I can apologise to him too.

I kept my eyes open as I walked down the congested halls, feeling Sarah wander up to me.

"Hello!" she chirped, a big smile stretched out on her face.

"Hey Sarah," I muttered as I continued to look down the row of lockers.

"What's up with you today?" she asked, worry in her voice.