H for Hartley Chapter 21

Hi everyone!

Let me start by saying that I am so so sorry for not updating. You won't believe how much school work I have/had. I had to study for my Maths test every night last week (which I passed by the way, I'm moving up a class so yay!) and also my biology (which I also passed! I'm moving up a class for it too!) but all the test stuff is done for now, apart from a geography test...but I've got time!

There's a bit of a twist at the end of this chapter...

SO read on!

Dedicated to PinkyPromise99 for the message she sent me on my message board saying I was awesome. Thanks and right back at you! :D

____________________________________________________________________________

"Did you actually know what you were doing?" Violet asked as a hint of irritation was edged into her tone. She had slowly been thinking with the time we had what exactly happened with our hands...and she was miffed. As in, really miffed.

"I didn't think that it would happen," I sighed from the floor as I watched her pace in front of me.

"Well you thought wrong," she snapped, "I'm sorry I'm being so snappy...but I don't have a clue what's going on here! What am I suppose to think?"

"That everything will be alright because you trust me?" I asked as her look softened.

"Who said I trusted you?"

"Violet, you wouldn't have swore in blood with me if you didn't trust me," I said skeptically, "you and I both know that. You can trust me."

"I just want out of here!" she screamed as she kicked a nearby iron bar, "we're locked in here like caged animals! We are human beings for god's sake! Oh..." she trailed off as he voice became quieter, realising her blip. "I-I meant...people...I'm sorry..."

"It's fine," I shrugged, "it's hard to take in...I understand that. It's hard to remember."

"It doesn't mean it's alright," she replied as she looked at me with a sympathetic expression and those deep brown, purple-ish eyes...

Woah. No. Focus.

I stood up from the floor and brushed the dirt off of my clothes. It was time to think carefully. Ok, we both knew that we wouldn't be getting out of here any time soon so there was no point of trying that. It was time for the next order of business.

Rebecca.

In a few hours time, it would be midnight. Therefore it would be Rebecca's time to hand herself in to Hector, who could do a matter of unpleasant things to her. We had to figure out a way to get everyone out of here as soon and as safely as possible. But how would we be able to save Rebecca if Violet and I was stuck in here? No offence to Violet and all, but she's...not much use in this situation...

"What did you say?" she suddenly asked, breaking the silence in the quiet, empty room. 

I looked at her in surprise. "I didn't say anything..."

"Oh," she replied, "I just thought you did...it doesn't matter. So you said that Rebecca is being handed over soon?"

I nodded slowly with a raised eyebrow. "Yes...but we need to think of a way to stop that. Somehow."

"Can you not tell her?" she asked, "like send her a message or something like that?"

"I'm not a witch, Violet," I gave her a flat look.

She put her hands up defensively, "I'm just thinking! Do you have any better ideas?"

I sighed as she tackled me off guard. I said nothing and she smirked. "Thought so."