-5- (Edit)

5

.

Li Wuji

-

Drunk...I wasn't drunk, no I wasn't.

Alright, maybe I was...a little bit.

Tiny little bit.

I nearly got lost finding my way back from the hall, stumbling slightly at the wine's scent fogged my eyes, causing me to walk in a slight limp. There couldn't still be music, I had already left the hall behind me.

I had to be drunk...no doubt, I was drunk.

Ha.

Laughter escaped my lips as I raised a strained finger and waved it in front of my line of vision, dropping my arm before repeating the action again.

There was music.

The willow tree near me seemed enticing enough, I grasped it tightly and pressed my ear against it. No...it wasn't the tree. Maybe it was the wind?

No. It was a dui.

Quietly I straightened myself and rushed towards the wind carried melody.

It was God's gift to behold.

Her clothing waving in the breeze and lightened by the shimmering moonlight above. Was she a ghost, or maybe Chang'e come to earth? The melody escaped my hearing as her beauty...simple yet entrancing beauty, was all I was able to see.

I must've have really been drunk, mirroring her movements not nearly as gracefully as when she moved. Leaping and spinning in the nighttime air like she was one with it.

I doubted the she knew I was there, staring at her so admiringly I didn't see the person standing beside me. "General Wu-Ji?" I hesitantly glanced behind me, nearly falling to the ground as I came face to face with her.

Zhen, Zhen-Tang or Zhen-Tiang...if I remembered correctly. Clearing my throat, I glared at her. "Yes?"

She stood at a distance, nose twitching as the clouded scent of wine as I opened my mouth. "Is there a problem? Are you alright?"

The melody paused before continuing, and I stumbled towards Ah-Zhen. "You...have a goddess in your manor. Ha! You should feel privileged; both the Imperial family and the Deities have come to visit you."

I chuckled before waving the finger in front of my face, then in front of hers. "You...Ah-Zhen...your cousin is a goddess, ha!"

-

Tang Zhen-Ting

-

I stared at the man in front of me. Only moments ago, this general of T'ang was laughing with his cousin and my Uncle, watching as my cousins performed and giving his praises unselfishly. Now he was drunk, looking at Jiayi as if she were a deity while she had entertained him unknowingly.

I shook my head in despair, quickly reaching out as if I could stop him from toppling over. He stared at my outstretched hand before grabbing it, I only stared on in surprise. My attempts to tug away caused his grip to tighten as his gaze traveled from the wrist to my face. He stared for a moment before pulling me forwards, causing us both to collapse onto the grass with me above him.

Cousin Jiayi suddenly stopped playing, turning to face the source of the noise as I sat up in a hurry. The moment our eyes met I shook my head, putting a finger to my lips and motioning for her to continue as if she had heard nothing. She hesitantly did so, and I returned my attention to the matter at hand.