-6- (Edit)

6

.

Zhao Jiayi

-

I shuffled my feet uncomfortably, searching desperately for words to say.

"I wish for my eldest sister to get married, nothing more or less."

He hummed in confusion. "So, everything you have been doing to this point has been for Ai-Li? The dress in the meeting hall, the 'mediocre rampant' as your cousin puts it... Jiayi, you really are a selfless one."

Zhen-Ting stared at me and shook her head, I simply shrugged. "I'm only carrying out on what I promised...I ask General Wu-Ji not to say a word of this to anyone..." Wu-Ji raised three fingers to the sky. "I won't even breathe a word of it."

Just then a maid rushed out of the meeting hall to us, bowing to each person. "Master Zhao and your cousins ask for the General to come in." The General sighed contently, patting my back before winking once more and heading off...I would never get used to such an action.

As he left I turned to glare at Zhen-Ting, quickly approaching her so no one would hear. "You shouldn't have said anything...now that General Wu-Ji knows, what might happen now?" Zhen-Ting raised her shoulders, turning to pick at the full cherry blossoms behind her.

"Now, the selection process will be completely unbiased and no one will pay attention to your constant implications of how extravagant Ai-Li is..." My eyes widened. "Zhen-Ting, you-."

"Listen Jiayi...don't mistake this as me having some sort of grudge against eldest cousin. She is the kindest soul I've known since birth besides our mothers...but you have to stop this. You've gone to the farthest extent to try and get Ai-Li noticed when it is clear to me since the moment Li Xiao stepped in that he has no interest in her...Jiayi, if you want to continue pushing Ai-Li forward, go on and do it with all you can. But do it without denying yourself, and me...I will do the same for you."

How was I supposed to argue against this? I resigned myself and smiled widely at her, this was the cousin I had grown with from infancy; she had not changed at all.

"That...that was Li Wu-Ji?"

I had nearly forgotten that Yuhuan was still with us, turning to see her wide-eyed expression as she pointed in the direction the general had left. I simply nodded. "Yes...why?"

"Don't you know about him? He's the only half-blood royal in all the Li Family, he's practically a-."

I raised a brow as Zhen-Ting lunged out and clasped a hand over Yuhuan's mouth.

"It's not the time to be speaking gossip Ah-Huan, let's change the subject, shall we?"

-

Li Mei

-

It was more than obvious that I was not the only one dying of boredom.

The second daughter of the Zhao family had finally left and we were all mutual in our feelings of relief. I glanced at Second brother, smiling to myself at the fact that he seemed on the brink of throwing in the towel as well as throwing a fit.

I couldn't blame him, this Roaxi had a large talent as well as a mouth to go with it. "What will be next Master Zhao?" I glanced up at eldest brother as he asked the question, Master Zhao only sighed. The thought of his exasperation forced me to bite my lip from causing a scene, it seems that even he had his biases among his daughters.