J-hope

I wake up, tired and slightly sore. My eyes blinded by the bright light flashing from above me. I slowly sit up and rub my eyes to awaken myself to my surroundings, the light seems to get brighter as I blink for a little to see a huddle of three people around my bed.

'Why are they here? What happened? I don't even know who these people are' I think to myself. As I ponder about who they were, my eyes had seemed to clear out making me able to see everything clearly again. I can see a man beside me, in a very broken down state, he was crying resting his head on the edge of the bed I was on.

I turn around to see if anyone else was there. But there was no one, just this man. He's confusing me, 'why was he here anyway? Why was he crying? Is there something wrong?' I wonder. I want to reach out and comfort him but how? I try and reach my hand out to him but I realise that I don't need to, he already has my hand, and now I remember.

Flashback

Lights flashing at the entrance of a room call my attention as I feel somewhat dizzy. "Please, make it through, I need you..." I heard a voice call out to me as a tear streams down my face and he holds my hand until the my bed gets wheeled into a room, 'emergency roo-' I struggle to read the last word as my eyes got heavier and my dizziness got the better of me.

End of flashback

It's him! He needed me, someone... Needed... Me... I should never have thought of doing something so stupid! "Never again, never again" I mumble under my breath. A sharp gasp shook me out of my thoughts. Soon my hand felt cold, empty, I began to panic what happened?! Where did he go?! I blink for a few seconds to clear my distressed state. There, he was right there, he never left. I calmed down slightly as I watched him wipe away his tears, he then looked up, with a faltering smile.

"Never again (y/n), never again... "He said sobbing quietly into my shoulder. "You are never going there again, I won't let you". He said holding my shoulders with a tight grip whilst pulling away from the warm embrace. I sat there shocked, how did he know what happened? he wasn't there was he? But I don't want to bring it up anymore so I nodded, salty tears streaming down my face. "I won't, as long as I know you need me..." I say through silent sobs.

He looked surprised, but smiled a bit more, standing up to sit on the bed with me and he guided my back down to the bed and told me to get some rest. I agreed and he shuffled the chair right up next to the bed and held my hand, rubbing his thumb across my knuckles in hopes for me to get some rest.

"Remember I need you" he says as I drift off to sleep.