Chapter 19

~ Dylan ~

I deserve sainthood. Really. Or knighthood. Or something. Ziah's plastered to my side as I lead her up the front steps of her house. Her arms are circled around me, and my hand is on her waist. God, she was gorgeous tonight in her tight pants and the blue top. I'm pretty sure she did it just to drive me crazy.

When Derrick told me his friend from college was coming down for a final fitting, I'd been stoked. Not because of them, but because of the girl in my arms right now. I knew I'd get to see her, too.

Her coat's on now, but before... It was almost more than the dress. She's managed to walk that perfect line between sexy as hell but still Ziah, and it about killed me not to be able to touch her bare shoulder or her back.

Well, we're touching now, but it's different. This is because she needs my help, not just because we want to explore each other. It's strange because this is good, too. Probably too good. I've never had so much fun helping someone before.

"You got a key, Hanes?" I ask.

"Nope."

Shit. Now what? I'm afraid to try the doorbell. I'd much rather just drop her off than risk her parents catching us. Good thing Margarita smells good, but the alcohol still takes over. Not that her glassy eyes wouldn't be enough to tip anybody off.

"It'll be unlocked." She sort of points in the direction of the door.

Weird. My house has a gate code, an alarm, and two locks.

We stumble through the door, and all I'm trying to do is be quiet. Ziah doesn't seem worried about it at all, letting the screen door slap shut and dropping her coat on the floor.

"Ziah, shh." But I'm distracted again by her top—what there is of it anyway.

She turns, so her front is pressed against me. Her arms are around my neck. "What will you do to me?"

The list of things I want to do to her is getting longer every second. I shove my hands in my back pockets, so I'm not tempted to do anything stupid.

"You're home. I gotta run." This girl is killing me. I wonder if she knows how much I really like her. She should. I wouldn't have told anyone what I said to her about my mom.

Her body presses into me farther. "Will you help me upstairs?"

I know I should say no. I mean, that's like the first rule when you're in my position and have no plans to hook up. But I don't. Instead I put my arm around her again and lead her upstairs.

Luckily, her door is quiet when we open it. Her room is a mess, which I would not have expected from Ziah. There are books on a shelf, but some are lying down and some upright. Her desk is full of papers and there is an overflowing clothes basket in the corner. She's full of contradictions, and I like that about her.

"Okay. You're here. You gotta let me go." Not only do I need to get away from her, but her parents are probably down the hall. The last thing I need is them walking in on us right now.

"As soon as you give me a kiss."

Wow... Drunk Ziah has balls. I groan. "Ziah, no..."

She closes her eyes and tilts her head away from me, pointing to this soft spot on her neck, just below her ear. "Right here, and then I promise to let you go."

Sainthood. Seriously.

I'm having another one of those moments when I feel myself doing what I know I shouldn't do. My lips touch her skin, and it hits me just like it did in that tunnel. My whole body reacts. Wants more while at the same time, it already feels like more.