Epilogue

~Dylan~

Lora squeals like a five-year-old when she sees the donuts. She's like a Disney princess on crack.

"You did this?" Her eyes are wide as she turns toward me.

"I shrug. Someone had to step in and save the day."

"Oh my God!" Her eyes water all up as she slams into me and chokes me with her hug. "You're the best, Dylan."

I have no idea what to do, so I stare at Ziah over her sister's shoulder before patting her back a few times. Ziah's smile hits me in really good places, and I can't wait to get her on the dance floor.

Derrick rests his arm over Ziah's shoulders, and I sort of pry Lora off me. No reason for Derrick to be so close.

I tell Lora, "I think there's another guy who wants his hands on you."

She blushes and glances at the floor. "Seriously, Dylan. Thank you."

"No problem."

Derrick winks and drops his arm from Ziah about two seconds before I grab her waist. "Dance with me, Hanes."

"I'm not gonna want to let you go," she warns with that crazy sexy smile of hers.

"I'm totally okay with that." And as she moves with me, and I breathe her in, all I can think is this isn't so bad. All of it. Having a girl and a sister-in-law. My family becoming bigger. Hell, maybe even Dad will get a girl. Not that I want to think about that too much.

I squeeze Ziah tighter and look at the smiles on everyone's faces.

I actually lied. This is better than not bad. It's perfect.

The End