Chapter One

I glanced at my phone one last time. It was 7:45, and that meant that I had to go to school. I let out a small groan and grabbed my bookbag. When I got downstairs, I went to the kitchen to grab a granola bar to eat on the way. I said bye to my mom before heading to the school.

Here goes nothing...

When I got to the school parking lot, I sat in my car for a few minutes, trying to convince myself that it wasn't going to be that bad, but I couldn't help but remember that I'm the new girl in this small town- and small towns could be ruthless.

I walked into the school, holding my breath. I had no idea where I was supposed to be going. My hopes were to just keep my head down and go undetected. However, that didn't go nearly as planned as I instantly felt an arm drape around my shoulder.

"It's not everyday we see such a babe walk into the school. What's your name cutie?" a nasally voice asked me.

I looked over to see a tall, broad male with shaggy hair. He was cute, but his cologne reeked of douchebag.

"You really need to work on your openers," I rolled my eyes at him before walking away.

I didn't dare look back, but I heard him sniffling like he was about to cry. But I couldn't waste my time with that. I needed to find the office and get my class schedule.

As I continued down the hall, I passed a group of boys, each of them staring at me. The first one wore an orange parka and looked at me like a piece of meat, reminding me of the guy that I had just run into. The second guy was heavier set and mumbled something about me under his breath to his friends. The third guy wore a green hat with red curls peeking under it. He seemed like the only suitable guy that I had seen here, and the last guy really caught my attention as my eyes met with his. Number one...

I felt a smile form on my face as our eyes met, but my smile quickly faded when I saw that same loud cheerleader at the game. She was walking straight our way with a smile on her face and her friends following behind her.

"Hey, you must be the new girl," she cheerfully greeted me. "I'm Wendy, captain of the volleyball and cheer squad and junior class president. I hope well just be the best of friends!"

Is she serious right now?

I plastered the fakest smile back to her. "Hi, I'm (Y/N), and I think you ran into me at the game. Made me drop my soda."

"OMG! You should have said something, we could have just met then!" she replied, keeping her bright smile.

She's being serious...

"Yeah totally..." I replied.

"Where are you going? I'd be happy to show you," she offered.

"I need to go to the office," I told her.

"The office," I answered plainly.

"Oh, follow me!" she enthusiastically said.

I was going to tell her that it was okay; I would find it, but she had already locked her arm with mine and was dragging me down the hall.