Chapter Six

The rumors didn't spread to me until third period when Nicole asked me about it.

"So you and Kyle?" she asked.

"What?" I questioned.

"I heard about you and Kyle in the janitor's close," Nicole answered.

"What do you mean?" I asked, still a little confused.

"Bebe said you and Kyle left the janitor's closet with guilty looks on your faces," Nicole explained.

My eyes widened.

"I mean, I wont judge you but everyone else-"

"Wait, why would they judge me?" I asked.

"Well, Clyde hit on you, so Bebe spread that around like a wild fire.  Now, you're chilling in the janitor's closet with Kyle.  It makes you seem like a slut," she admitted sheepishly.

No, there is no way in hell that I start my life at a new school and automatically get labeled as the school whore.

"No, that's not what was happening.  Kyle was just telling me that thing about Stan," I explained.

"I believe you, but good luck getting the rest of the school to believe that," she told me.

I sighed, going back to my worksheet.

~Time Skip~

I grabbed my tray for lunch as someone bumped into me.

"Watch it," I snapped.

"Sorry, (Y/N), I was just hoping that we could meet up later," a muffled voice asked.  Nicole said that he was Kenny.

I gave him a questioning look.

"I was think the janitor's closet maybe," he smirked.

I felt my rage build up, "Oh, why don't you go fuck yourself?"

"So, I'm going to assume that only Kyle gets that special treatment," another boy butted in.  He had a mono tone voice and ocean blue eyes.  I believed that one was Craig Tucker.

"Guys, leave her alone," Kyle joined in.

"Oh, coming to save your girlfriend?" the monotone one asked.

"She must have really given you a treat," Kenny laughed.

I felt myself on the verge of tears.

I shoved my tray into Kyle, "This is your fault."

I stormed out of the cafeteria before I broke down.

I didn't even want to come here in the first place.  Fuck everything.

I planned to leave the school until someone grabbed my arm.

"(Y/N), wait," Kyle pleaded.

"What do you want?" I violently whipped around to face him.

"I'm sorry, this is my fault.  I should've never meddled.  I was just trying to be a good friend.  In hind sight, I probably shouldn't have picked the janitor's closet," he apologized.

I looked at his jacket which had my taco all over it.

I let out a light laugh, "I'm sorry for getting my launch all over you."

"No, it was my-"

I instantly hugged him.

"Wah?"

"Thank you," I confessed.  "You stood up for me."

Kyle shrugged, "It was nothing really."

We awkwardly stood there in silence.  Kyle continuously looked to the ground but glanced at me every once in a while. 

Finally he spoke, "you know, you are really pretty."

I could feel my face heat up.

"I wouldn't mind being your boyfriend, if you wouldn't mind being my girlfriend?" he said in a questioning manner.

"Is that your way of asking me out?" I asked.

"That depends," he said.

"On what?" I questioned.

"You're answer," he smiled.