Chapter Ten

*Stan's P.O.V.*

I snuck a peak at my phone.

(Y/N): Stan?

I couldn't help but smile, but now, I had a problem.  I glanced at (Y/N), who was staring right at me.

"Right Stan?" a voice asked, not that I was paying much attention.

"Stan!" Wendy yelled bringing me back to reality.

"What?" I asked, oblivious to their conversation.

"We are going shopping for matching Halloween costumes tomorrow" Wendy repeated.

"Oh yeah, we are this weekend," I agreed.

She wrapped her arms around my waist and hung on to me.  I hated when she did that.  She was so clingy, but only when we are around others.  If it was just the two of us, I'd be lucky if she would sit next to me on the couch. 

As the night went on, people sowy started to dispurse.  I continually stole glances at (Y/N).  I left shortly after she did.  Once I got home, I saw that I had a that i had a text from (Y/N).

(Y/N): So, I'm going to take it as it's safe to assume that this is Stan.

M: It is.

(Y/N): Why are you wasting your time talking to me?

M: I wouldn't call it a waste of time.

(Y/N): You have a girlfriend.

M: Whoa, did I ask you to bang? As far as I'm concerned we are just talking like normal human beings.

(Y/N): Works for me.

M: So, you want to go get some City Wok tomorrow?

(Y/N): Like a date?

M: No, I have a girlfriend.

(Y/N): Is she coming with?

M: she is out of town for the weekend.

(Y/N): So I'm your side girl?

M: Why can't you look at us as friends.

(Y/N): You throw up whenever I'm around you, and now you want to hang out?

M: I got put back on my stomach medication, so what do you say?

(Y/N): Sure, but you have to tell Wendy.

I read (Y/N)'s last text.  To be honest, I had no intention of telling Wendy.  I was going to use this opportunity to get to know (Y/N), then, break things off with Wendy.

M: Okay I will, I'll come pick you up at 6:00.

(Y/N): All right works for me.