Chapter Fifteen

The week went by fast.  It was already Friday, and we were at the field for my first official practice.  Wendy watched us, making critiques.  Surprisingly, she didn't have much to say about me.

Once practice was over, we headed back to the school.  Nicole and I went straight to Mrs. Davis's room.  We checked over our math assignments when Token and Craig walked in together. 

"Hey, babe," Token greeted Nicole.

The two of them started talking, leaving me and Craig alone in an awkward silence.

"That cheerleaders' uniform looks hot on you," he smirked.

I blushed, "T-thanks."

"So I was hoping after the game you'd be interested in coming over to my place ot watch scary movies," he suggested.

"I'm not one for scary movies.  They kind of freak me out," I confessed.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you," he smirked.

Why not?

"Okay," I agreed.

Craig walked away with a self-satisfied smile when someone started nudging me.

"So, you like Craig?" Wendy giggled.

"I guess," I smiled shyly.

~Time Skip~

After the game, we went up to the school and waited for the boys like we always did.  Craig and I left right away.  I was just glad that Craig came out before Stan because that would've bee awkward to explain myself out of that one.  Not that I need to, it's not like I'm cheating.

Craig pulled into his driveway and I suddenly got very nervous. 

Craig is just so confident.  What if he tries something?  Could I push him away?  I hope this isn't one of  those Netflix and  Chill situations.

*Stan's P.O.V.*

I walked out of the school to see all the girls huddled together by the vehicles just like every week, but I didn't see (Y/N) anywhere. 

Where did she go?

Craig's car was also missing with Craig.

That's weird.  Normally, Craig will at least hang around for a little while- wait, they didn't leave together, did they- no, (Y/N) is into me.  She isn't playing me, is she?

Token came out shortly after I did.

"Token, do you know where Craig went?" I asked him.

"He said something about hanging out with (Y/N) tonight," Token answered.

Oh, I get it.  She wont watch movies with me, but she'll hang out with Craig.  She probably lied about feeling bad about going behind Wendy's back because she seems to have no problem going behind my back.  Well, I'm not just going to take that bull shit.

M: You know, if you weren't into me, you should have said so, because I'm not wasting my time on a girl who would rather hang out with scum like Craig.  I almost gave up my relationship with a lying bitch like you.