Subliminal Messages

"So, that happened tonight, Isis." Selina Kyle returned to her apartment in one of the abandoned buildings in the narrows.

"I kissed Bruce Wayne," she told her cat as she picked up a blue stoned ring from the pool of jewels on her bed.

"Meow"

"That's right, kitty. Be jealous. He could have been better though. 'The most desirable bachelor in Gotham city.' I mean, given the guy's TV persona, he should be experienced in *cough* more than just kissing. Rrrrr! Imagine being in bed with him! But sadly, I'm promised to another." As she referenced her cowled lover, she saw the reflection of the bat signal on the jewel she was spinning in her hand, and smiled.

"Wish momma luck tonight, kitten."

_______________________________

She kissed me. Bruce Wayne sat in his reclined rocking chair, going over the events of the night. He had come to the party on his Murcielago with five pretty girls, pretty sure he had broken the law by having two of them in the front. He had laughed with his friends and spotted a masked belle at the ball. More like a masked thief at a ball for the rich and wealthy. And she had kissed him. He had been unable to stop her from stealing the priceless jewels threaded into necklaces and rings. And he had been unable to go home on his Lamborghini. After the valet told him that his wife had taken the car, he scoffed and called Alfred for a ride home, and teased his butler how Selina Kyle had made herself Mrs. Bruce Wayne with Alfred just suggesting it.

Right now he sat rocking on the chair, laughing to himself as he fiddled with the arrowhead in his hand. The one by whose story young Bruce had been mesmerized by on that roof 20 years ago. It was the first thing she had ever stolen. Reflecting on it now, he caught the lies in her story, obviously it would have been something impossible for an 10 year old to accomplish. He hated himself for forgetting a memory from his childhood. And it had been a good one too. He kept flipping the arrowhead in his hand, thinking how things could have been different, maybe even better. And then he stood to attention when he saw the bat signal in the sky calling him to the 13th precinct.

On the roof of the 13th precinct...

"Word on the street is that Milo's coming up with new drugs." The Captain greeted Batman with new intel on the drug doctor Professor Milo. After turning off the Bat-signal, Gordon turned to face Gotham City's famous detective.

"One of the worst known symptoms of this is something like a high fever, and then it goes on to affect the mind. Makes it..."

"Makes you hysterical and do things out of character. Stenile Hypotheria." Batman cut him off, being knowledgable on the subject.

"Right." Gordon said, slightly annoyed at being cut off. "He's getting a big commission from Daggett Pharmaceuticals."

That's interesting thought the CEO of Wayne Enterprises behind the bat-cowl. Now THAT would be something to talk about at the board meeting tomorrow morning.

"I'll assume you also know what ingredients they will be in the need of for this concoction?"

The Batman gave a positive reply.

"They'll need Scamine Gerbinites to get the full effect..."

"Most abundant in The Gotham City Museum." this time, Gordon finished the sentence.

"Correct. I'll have a look into it." And with that, the Batman jumped off the precinct roof, gliding down in the dark skies above his beloved, godforsaken city.

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

"What do you think, Isis? Should we let those big bad bullies harm our pretty stones?" Catwoman was perched on the roof across the Gotham City Museum, having heard what Milo had in plan for them.

"I may be a criminal, but I'm only a thief. Nobody uses my kittens for the wrong purpose."

As her cat meowed in reply, she laughed out loud to herself..

"That's right, Isis. They're coming into mama's territory."

"Unfortunately, I'd say you're stepping into someone else's." A dark voice spoke from the shadows.

Catwoman tried hard not to let out a squeal and reminded herself that she wasn't 16 anymore.

"Well this Queen's not too worried." She stepped closer and tiptoe-d her fingers across her lover's bat laden chest, trying to wrap herself around him.

"It seems to me I have....my very own knight to battle for me," she said as she tilted her head up to kiss Batman.

"I'm not doing anything for you," he said stepping away from the cat burglar, rebuffing her kiss. She pouted in reply and walked over to join him at the edge, looking across at the museum.

"You shouldn't get involved. You don't know these people."

Prrrr "So you do care about me."

"These people are dangerous. Roland Daggett may be a businessman, but he's shady. He doesn't use his money and power the right way, he uses them to gain power in the underworld, and this gets him many big headed thugs to work for him. A girl like you, no matter how strong, shouldn't come between the crossfires."

She angled her face up to him and smiled, noticing his subliminal concern for her. She was about to reply when she was halted by Isis's blood curling screech, diverting both the crusaders' attention to the break in happening at the museum across.

"I guess that's your cue," she said just as her "partner" glided down to mingle with the other thieves. She tossed Isis gently on the ground and made her way home.

But not before picking up a few goodies.

o0oo0o0o0o0o0o

Batman hated that he found himself surprised learning of Daggett's involvement with Milo. He was caught even more off guard running into Catwoman on the opposite roof just twenty minutes ago not even. Apparently roofs had become their thing. They had been for Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle 16 years ago. He would have liked to know what she was about to do next; obviously she wasn't one to let things go, but they had been interrupted by these goons.

Currently, he was carefully and quietly making his way around the museum, a task made hard by all the shattered glass on the floor. His heat vision was on as the thieves had put out the electricity, and the only people other than him were them. The guards would have been, if they hadn't been easily knocked out. I've got to put in better security. Of course it was his job, indirectly, as his family and foundation provided major backing for the museum, and other major facilities in Gotham City.

The Dark Knight's thoughts were broken as they open fired on him, which of course had minimal effect on him thanks to his Kevlar. Idiots! He easily plowed through their first line of defense, but was next confronted by a big one, different than the others. Batman immediately recognized him as one of Daggett's specials. His opponent's first attack left him with a cut on his jaw close to his mouth. Damn! Now he'd have to come up with an excuse as Daggett would definitely hear of this, and he had a board meeting with Bruce Wayne the next morning. Batman soon learned his adversary had good combat skills, but none in Gotham had talent compared his own; at least he hoped, for the last time there was any, he had come with a full force, which included Ra's Al-Ghul himself.

It took time and effort, but he ended up victorious over the entire gang. The pawns were broken down and would be in place when the GCPD came for them, but the big guys, including Daggett's elite, had escaped, but luckily without the needed stones. He took some of the Scamarine Gerbinite for Fox to experiment with, and left the rest for Gordon to pick up along with the thieves. Looking around, he noticed some other glass cases were empty, but it hadn't been any of these guys. Some had been natural stones, others pearled into articles of jewelry, he could tell by the empty indentations in the encasing cushions and velvets.

And finding Isis standing by the front door, he knew exactly who had taken them

***Given today's events, I recognize there's a terrorist group called Isis, but the cat's name is taken from Batman: The Animated Series. The story line credit goes to the episode Cat Scratch Fever."

****These stone names and diseases I have only made up, without any knowledge of how to make any drugs b/c that is something that I do not do and are only here for the purpose of the story.

Batman and Catwoman: Crime Comic? or Romance Novel?On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara