Wayne's Anatomy

"There's no reason to jump off a roof."

"I wasn't going to jump."

She kept him entertained; distracted, from what he maybe was considering doing.

"Selina."

The Dark Knight followed Catwoman into the building through a back door. In her haste, she almost walked into a guarded hallway, but Batman pulled her behind a wall just in time. He threw a stun grenade into the hall and took out the guards before they could grab their guns. Catwoman kicked a man's head in as a finishing touch.

The pair snuck and fought their way to the lobby, where there were two staircases. One winded up, the other went to the basement. To the experiment lab.

Selina took the initiative, telling the Batman of her findings.

"Upstairs' the big boys. The labs are down stairs. You want the monsters, I want the animals. We split here?" She said with her hands on her hips, impatiently pacing as if waiting for him to shout go.

"I don't have an antidote yet," The detective warned.

"I'll be careful not to get scratched," she smirked at him.

He nodded and finally made his way to the stairs going up, shooting his grappling gun to the top, but she stopped him.

"Hey! Try not to get shredded!" she was impatient still, but had worry in her eyes,

" I can take care of myself," he reminded her, showing a hint of smirk.

She walked away, but as he tugged on the rope, she stopped him again.

"Hey!" she called out to him. He rolled his eyes before facing her. As soon as he did, her hand went around his neck and she pulled him in for a kiss on the lips, and he hooked an arm around her waist. She was the first to pull back.

"Good luck kiss."

He nodded and finally flipped the switch on the gun, grappling up the floors as Catwoman whipped herself down a couple flights of stairs.

Selina walked fast paced in the basement, looking for the main lab. At the same time, her mind itched, bothering her. It was as if she'd kissed the Batman before, but she'd never gotten the opportunity before today. So why the deja vu? She got distracted from the thought when she found the lab. The heavy metal door had a window on it, and she caught a glimpse of cages with sleeping animals and carts full of chemical vials. Catwoman flicked her fingers out, which protracted the claw like nails from the tips of her glove fingers, and she used them to pick the lock. She held on to the turned knob till it returned to its position, and lifted the door slightly as she pushed it open, not making a noise. The basement was freezing cold in Gotham's fall weather, despite the heat coming through the vent.

She was taken aback as she walked into the room lined with cages on either side. The animals inside were rolling or scratching out as if they were drunk or in pain. She stopped next to a cart and examined the chemicals in the bottles. When she picked one up and swirled it, the liquid inside began to smoke and she quickly put it back down.

"Poor babies, what have they done to you?" she whispered aloud behind a fog of breath, and a meow responded to her, one she recognized.

Catwoman rushed to the cage holding her kitten. She sweet talked her through the wires then nailed her way through the lock. Isis was groggy as Selina pulled her out, but soon as she squeezed the cat in a hug, Isis screeched and bit Selina on the shoulder. Catwoman dropped her pet in pain and bent over as Isis ran out the open door.