Plans

Selina had taken the limo home and Alfred dropped Bruce back at the office when Lucius had called. Bruce Wayne was, evidently, the CEO of the biggest company in the city, thus his days were busily scheduled with meetings and calls and paperwork to be done.

His desk was scattered with papers and folders and the hold lights were flashing on every other phone when he got to the office. His secretary Jessica was pacing after him, telling him what was urgent and which people were waiting on what phones.

He was scrambling through the stack of papers and files when the latest one caught his attention. Apparently in the while he was out having brunch, the company had lost a centrifuge. It wouldn't have been a problem, if it weren't the industrial sized one and required special authority to be accessed. His detective senses immediately kicked in as he tried to connect the dots. And he was stuck with it in his office till late in the evening, when Jessica walked in with a message.

"Mr. Wayne, there's a John Blake here to see you."
"Thank you, Jess. Send him in. And Jessica, I don't think I'll be taking any more calls tonight."
"Of course, Mr. Wayne." She left the room with the door open behind her.
"He'll see you now." She addressed the visitor and lead him in, this time, closing the door after she left.

"Should we use code words? I feel I could use a code word." John Blake said as he walked around the room.

"You can think of some and then let me know."
"Sure!" John said sarcastically, "I'll get right on it, riight after I get off this Mr. Miyagi kung fu training."
"Fighting is more through the mind than the body."
"You should tell that to the Batman."

Bruce glared at John over his computer screen, slightly irritated.

"You came here for something, John? Seriously, I am busy you know."

"Right. Okay, so, our C.I. got to know that there's a deal between Milo's men and some other people interested in his new products."
"I thought the Batman managed to keep them from getting the stones?"

"He did. But they worked a way around it. Hear they're involving animals as the guns to their bullets."
"Interesting," Bruce said, ironically in a drag voice as he signed papers.

"And..." Blake wheezed as he scratched the back of his head.
"And?" Bruce asked, cocking an eyebrow over the folder in his hands, pressing for John to continue.
"How many criminals do you know who are the presidents of the local PETA?"

Bruce sighed and reclined in his chair, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Catwoman."
"Yeah. There were many reports of her activity tonight, most of them tagging with the sighting of Milo's men and that general direction."

"They stole her cat." Bruce told John as he stood up and filed the papers away.
"And you would know that why?" John teased as he stood up as well, ready to go.
Bruce only replied with a sarcastic nod of his head.

"You knoow, there are hushed rumors out there saying that the Batman-"
"How would you like to paint a fence around Wayne Manor?" Bruce cut him off, putting on his coat.
"I got nothing." John pleaded as he threw up his hands.

"Exactly."
"So where do we go?"
"First, we get a change of outfits, then we go pay a visit to Mr. Daggett."

o0o0o0o0o0o0o
Selina paced back and forth in her room, angered and frustrated. Her floor rugs were on her bed and chairs, and her table lamps and pillows were on the floor. Her friend opened the door a second after she threw a vase, and the new girl had to quickly duck to avoid getting hit. Jen tiptoed across the floor, avoiding the sharp debris and picking up the pillows and other things still in one piece.