While You Were Sleeping

Even the great Batman couldn't control his heart rate as he fell on his back, out of breath. He ran a hand over his disheveled hair, drawing it down his sweat laced face. Next to him, Catwoman stretched her limbs, and picked out pieces of the broken headboard from her hair.

She'd kissed Bruce Wayne and dreamed of being in bed with the Batman, but she's never imagined the both being the one and the same. And boy was it a ride! She lost count of how many times he'd sent her to cloud 9 and back, and she didn't mind it at all.

Selina rolled onto her back and pulled the covers up under her chin before she cosied up to him, laying her head on his slick chest, her hair sticking. She dropped a kiss between his pecks and Bruce protectively squeezed an arm over her as he buried a kiss on her head.

"Rrr! If I knew pent up feelings exploded like this, I'd've tried to be less forward!"

Bruce chuckled a deep laugh that coursed through her like hearing someone else's heartbeat.

"But if you had, we wouldn't be here." He squeezed her into him again.

"Hmm, I guess it only works if one of us is moody. Can you imagine the Batman being coy?" She laughed at the image in her mind and kissed his chest.

"That is not an image he would like circling around."

"Why? Takes away from the broody and imposing look?"

Bruce only smiled, rubbing his hand up and down her arms.

They stayed in a moment of quiet. She listened his heart beating right under her ear. His pitch tuned ears heard her little puffs of exhale that tickled his chest hair. Her breaths shortened and he knew something was on her mind even before she dug her pointed chin into his sternum to look up at him.

"Do you think it could work out? Between us?" Selina asked, a sad expression over her face.

A string plucked in his heart, but Bruce shook it away and tucked her hair, cupping her face in his hand.

"Would it depend on which us you're talking about?"

"If we're being honest, I was more attracted to the dark and brooding!"

"So am I!"

They both and laughed and she kissed him before putting her head back on his chest. Bruce kissed her head and reassuringly stroked her back. Even when she fell asleep, he absently drew his hand over her spine, contemplating her question.

There weren't many things the great detective didn't have answers for, but Selina's question had made it on the list.

Could they work out?

Would he let himself into a relationship?

If Bruce Wayne was in a relationship, could Batman date Catwoman?

He had lived both lives, keeping each as different from the other as possible. But now Bruce had feelings for Selina, and Catwoman was attracted to the Batman. He couldn't understand it; had no right solution for it.

So he decided to go do what he did have control over.

Bruce carefully slid off the bed; being trained by the best ninja league in the world, he managed to not wake Selina up. As he pulled on his sweats, he smiled at her peaceful sleeping face, then walked away broody.

Bruce took a shower, sponge bath more like it, since wet hair took time to dry. He dried off quickly with a towel, wrapped around his waist till he worked himself into the kevlar. He did a five minute cardio, despite the... hours of cardio he had earlier in the evening. The engine echoed in the empty batcave, except for scaring off a few bats, nothing moved. Strangely, akin to his mind right now. Usually, the Batman had a million things running in his head, things that happened 17 years ago, things that would happen in the next 17 seconds; but right now, he had nothing on his mind.