One chance.

Mari POV

"You" she stated. "Is this some kind of joke? Because it's not funny at all" I said. After I said that, her whole attitude changed. It went from being cocky asf to serious. "No, I want to be with you. I'm sorry for everything I've done to you. I just didn't know who to express my feelings for you. But I'm trying and I just want you to give me a chance." Jade said. "One chance. If you fuck up, that's it." I said. "That's all I need" she said with a big ass kool-aid grin. Then she kissed me, "FaceTime me when you get home" I said while putting my number in her phone. "Okay I will." She said

~After school~

I walked in the house to see my mom wasn't home. I was already expecting that because if she's not home then she's probably passed out in some strangers house. I put my book bag down and went in the kitchen to get some chips. After I got my chips I went and sat on the couch and started playing 2k. Then my phone started to ring. I answered the FaceTime call and set my phone down since I didn't feel like holding it up. "Hey" she said. "Washpoppin boo daddy" I said. "Already calling me daddy I see. But is there a reason I'm staring at the ceiling?" She asked. "Because I'm too lazy to hold my phone and I'm playing 2k" I said.  Then I got a call from an unsaved number. "Ima call you back, someone's calling me." I said. "Alright bye" Jade said.
-phone call-
"Hello" I said.  "Hello, is this Mari
Covington." The unfamiliar voice said.
"Yes" I responded. "I'm sorry to inform you of this but your mother has overdosed on heroin. And she is now in a coma. Please come to John Hopkins  hospital as soon as possible." They said. "Okay sure" I said holding back tears. Im so tired of my mother breaking promise after promise. She tells me over and over she's gonna stop and she's gonna get help. Im so done, im just ready to give up on her.
I hopped in the car so I could make my way to the hospital. I almost forgot to call Jade back. So I decided to send her a quick text while I was driving.
-Text-
Mari- I'm gonna call you later. Something impor— *CRASH*