Doubts

Mari POV

I pulled away from the kiss. "I - I'm sorry. I can't love you, I can't be with you." I said.
If looks could kill, I'd be dead right now. I thought to myself.
"You really think you can leave me?" She asked, slightly raising her voice.
"I can't be with someone who hits me" I said. I got up and put my shoes on. I started walking out but I stopped when Jade grabbed my wrist.
"I'm not going to let you leave me." She said. "Let go of me." I said trying to get out of her grip.
"Okay I'll let you go" she said as she pushed me into the wall.  I got up and ran out the house. I ran all the way to my house. I walked in the house to see my mom watching tv. "Why are you home shouldn't you be at school?" She asked. "Why are you home, shouldn't you be getting high somewhere." I said as I rolled my eyes. "Look, I can balance my problem with work. I still pay the bills and I still put food on the table." She said.
"I never see you, all you do is go to work and get high." I said. "I'm trying to get help. Now tell me what's wrong." She said. "Fine, it's my girlfriend Jade. She smacked me at school earlier because I tried to stop her from fighting. Then I told her I couldn't be with her because she hit me. Then she got mad and started hitting me again, so I got up and ran all the way home" I said.
"You need to stay far away from her. All she's gonna do is hurt you." My mother said. "But this isn't her, this isn't how she normally acts. Today was just a bad day for her, and I stepped in and made things worse. I love her, and she loves me." I said.
"That isn't what love is. If she loved you, she wouldn't have put her hands on you." She said.
"You're right, maybe she doesn't love me like she says she does. I'm gonna go upstairs to my room." I said. "Okay. But think about what I said. " she said as I went to my room.
I sat on the bed, and thought about everything that happened today. My thoughts were soon interrupted as my phone started to ring. It was Jade, so I decided to answer.
~conversation (Jade in bold print)~
-"Hello" I said
-"I'm sorry, for hurting you. I love you, and I promise to never hurt you again. Just please don't leave me. "
-"I don't know if I could be with someone who hits me." At this point we were both crying.
-" I promise I will never hit you again. I love you with all my heart. I just want to be with you, and only you. I know there will be times when I fuck up, but nobody is perfect. Please forgive me."
-"Okay, I forgive you and I love you too."
-" Can I come over tomorrow ?
-"yeah, I'll talk to you later."
- " Okay."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To be continued...