Stalker

Jade POV

"Hello" I answered.
I didn't want to sound too aggravated at the fact who ever this is interrupted my moment with my baby, after all, it could've been work calling I guess.

"I tried to be nice. I even apologized... you're not making this easy on me my love."

Ugh... how'd she even get my number?

"Look, I accepted your apology. I forgave you, and I moved on. I honestly wish nothing but the best for you, but please, just leave me alone."  I didn't care that Mari was sitting right next to me. I wasn't going to lie to her, or sugarcoat anything I had to say to Kiah.

"Awe baby, you've always been the mature one. I admire that. But you know I can't just leave you alone. You really think I'd let you get away from me?"

"Look man, I don't have time for you or your creepy ass games, we're through. Over. Finished. I have no problem with cracking out a thesaurus and giving you some more synonyms so you can understand that we are never going to be together again." At this point pure annoyance was seeping through my pores.  I will never go back to her. Ever. What can't she understand about that....

"Is it her... is she keeping you away from me?" Kiah's voice slithered through the phone and sent a shiver down my spine.

"Bye" I spat out and hung up. I immediately blocked her number and turned my full attention to Mari.

"Care to explain?" She asked curiously.

"To make a long story short, my ex treated me terribly. She was abusive and I felt trapped while I was with her. Eventually I finally had the courage to leave." I stated.

"I was asking about the conversation, not your whole backstory ma'am." Mari said jokingly

"I'm getting to that.... gosh, I gotta brief our writer on what's going on since she loves to forget about us" I said while rolling my eyes.

"Consistency. Invest in it sis."

"Anyways, I saw her at the store earlier and she gave me this whole story about her changing and she apologized and gave me her number." I explained.

"Mhkay so did you text her?" Mari asked

"No. I threw the paper she gave me somewhere in my car."

"Ahh okay, okay. This still doesn't explain the conversation you just had." Mari pressed on.

"Well she's the one who called. I don't even know how she got my number. But I blocked her. Of course she was on some creepy ex shit... this better not be a cliche crazy ex story either." I said plainly.

"Be careful, you never know what people are up to." Mari warned.

"No worries. I've got my big strong man to protect me. Ooo look at dem muscles." I said as I squeezed Mari's arm.

"You Damn right. I want all smoke." Mari made her voice surprisingly deep. A little too deep if you ask me.

"Alrighttttt I'm gonna go ahead and walk way now terminator." I said right before I burst into laughter.

"You said I was your big strong man so I gave you exactly that. Arnold Schwarzenegger." Mari explained.

"Oooo you're right. I'm straight for Arnold. His accent makes me hot and ready like little Caesars. Except I'm not gross" I said as I laughed.

"See what we're not gonna do is fetishize old men. Not in this house ma'am." Mari said as we both laughed.

DING

"My phone or yours" I asked Mari as she checked her phone for a notification.

"Yours." She answered

I went over to my phone and looked at my message. Huh, a 202 number. I don't really mess with anyone in dc besides a couple plugs so I don't know who it is.

"Who is it" Mari asked

"I'm about to find out now." I said as I unlocked my phone.

"Wassup with you"

"One of my many plugs. But we already have gas right now so I'll text them whenever I'm low." I told Mari

I didn't bother to reply. I closed my messages and sat my phone back down.

"Oooo speaking of gas. Shall we rolleth a jayeth." Mari asked as she brought out a pack of sheets.

"Food, tree, and my baby? Today is gonna be good as fuck." I said excitedly.

I took a couple minutes to roll up. We laid back on the bed and sparked up as Mari searched for a movie to watch. I looked over at Mari and drifted off into a daze.
The sound of thunder snapped me out my thoughts.

"Okay so boom. Kill Bill. Volume one or two." Mari asked as she flipped between both movies.

"One is the best." I answered

As she started the movie, the rain began to pour even harder. I held her close and drifted off into my thoughts.

🧙🏽‍♂️🧙🏽‍♂️🧙🏽‍♂️🧙🏽‍♂️🧙🏽‍♂️🧙🏽‍♂️🧙🏽‍♂️🧙🏽‍♂️🧙🏽‍♂️🧙🏽‍♂️🧙🏽‍♂️🧙🏽‍♂️🧙🏽‍♂️🧙🏽‍♂️🧙🏽‍♂️
The last update was almost a year ago soooo see y'all next year? 💀💀💀💀

-Charlene 🤙🏽