Chapter 04

"A thank you will do, perfectly" Damon grins as he stops his car in front of Kathleen's shop.

"You are out of your mind if you even expect a thank you from me, I cannot believe Nicholas actually called you along with him," Kathleen shouts at him fuming.

"Hey, he has some responsibility towards us officers for saving his ass all the time and it was a slow day today anyway...

Having a cousin in mafia rocks, damn one more medal in my name," he grins proudly while Kathleen holds the urge to smack his face.

"You two are unbelievable; I wonder why did you not joined the family business all along when you love to kill anyone so damn much"

"Oh come on now, we all know I am a soft hearted one" he grins and this time Kathleen smack his arm hard.

"Ouch" Damon shouts as he rubs his arm as if in pain.

"Don't show your face anymore I think I have had enough for the week" she glares his way before getting out of the car and shutting the door as she enters her shop without a backward glance.

Damon grins mischievously as he gets out of the car himself and follows her inside the shop.

*******

Kathleen puts her bag on the table before she makes her way towards her chair and just as she sits down the office door opens with Damon dragging Vicky with him.

"What now?" she asks exhausted from both of them.

"What is she doing in here?" Damon asks holding Vicky's jaws.

"Let go of me" Vicky struggles before he finally let her go and she rubs her jaw.

Kathleen sighs once again rubbing her temple as she notices the redness around Vicky's jaw.

"Damon you cannot just walk in harassing my employees and Vicky how many times do I have to tell you to stay on your side of the workplace...

I do not want to see your face every time one of these folks shows up now leave" she scolds both of them.

Vicky murmurs something to herself before showing a middle finger to Damon who returns the gesture back.

"Did I not ask you to not show me your face just moments ago so why are you here?" she asks him getting straight to the point.

"I just love hanging out with you, you are fun to be around" he grins taking a seat while Kathleen rolls her eyes.

"How are things with Beth?" she asks him next which makes him groan.

"Fuck if that woman is not making me go crazy in a bad way. Sometimes, I wonder why she is still with me" Damon complains.

"You two have a son Damon, you cannot say such things and if you two are having problems go solve it, talk it through and go get some counseling instead of hanging with me" she advices.

"Don't worry, it will be good soon. Anyway, are you sure you will be good alone?" he asks worried as he stares at her face.

"I don't think I have ever had a problem being alone Damon so stop worrying" she politely states.

"If you say so, I need to go back anyway. Sorry, cannot stay and play around with you" he winks before waving his hands in goodbye while Kathleen shakes her head.

*******

Nicholas raises a brow as he finds Kathleen walking inside the house, he gets up from the seat he was sitting in to greet her.

"What are you doing here?" he asks curiously, as he had no clue about her arrival.

"You think after all the havoc Pop will quietly let it go. I am sure the reason why we both are here is what happened a few hours ago...