Chapter 17

Damien sighs as he watches his wife cry herself to sleep that night he touches the screen showing her blurry images hoping he could run to her and hold her in his arms wanting to comfort her.

She was as always so close yet so far, out of his reach, touch or his feel.

Damien does not knows how long he stays in his car watching his wife cry but when she finally falls asleep, he shuts his laptop and walks out of his car towards his home.

Home, one he thought would be filled with his wife's laughter, which will hold nothing but good memories for them not with her cries and tears.

Not where she will come to hate him and hate herself. He sighs as he watches his house standing on the outside.

Never in his life would he imagined he would have to make such harsh decisions which will only raise questions for him, questions he has no answers to.

Who would have thought his brother who always fooled others being him would have fooled death as well and take it away from him.

Damon loved playing the role of Damien. Damien he hated making his brother mad with him, as he knew he would have to pay it and pay he did.

Damon would dress all like him and go to meetings he was not supposed to, make deals with people he should not or ruin deals for Damien to later on cease the fire his brother created.

Damien was not going to hide his identity that day but when Beth collapsed at once at the wedding, he was the one who took her to the hospital only to find that she was pregnant.

When he came back only to find about the death of his brother and that everyone thought it was him, who lost his life not Damon. He had gone to clear the misunderstanding but before explaining anything to anyone, he wanted to check on his wife who was unconscious only to hear what he least expected.

That was the very first step of his to change his mind and hide his identity, then there was Beth, he was scared she would loose the baby if she ever found about Damon's death.

The first few weeks it was hard to pretend to be his brother; it was hard to sit back and watch Nicho handling things around the business.

It was hard for him to just watch everything happening and not be back in control. Sometimes when his family asked him what was wrong with him as he behaved not so Damon he had to make excuses saying he was still grieving his twin.

Grieving he was as he was the only one who knew everyone was mourning the wrong brother.

Few weeks had passed away with his silence when Gabriel had cornered him to ask the explanation for what he saw in the wedding video.

He can never forget the look of hope and happiness in Nicho's face when he found Damien was alive only for his to crash it as he explained he needed to pretend as if he was Damon for the time being.

That was when they all mourned for Damon truly and Damien was glad to share his burden with his cousin that was when they all truly bonded.

In between taking care of Beth in her pregnancy and for Junior time flew by, Damien was getting used to the laid back life Damon had, where Damien did not have to worry about who he must take down or who is going to take him down.

It was not until Junior was a year old when Beth sought him, she was tired of waiting him to come to her at nights.

That was when he had no choice but to tell her the truth, that was when she started hating Kathleen. He is thankful that she kept his secret with herself and not shared with anyone.