Chapter 20

Hi guys just a humble request if you can please check "The dangers he brings" by IssyLaBelle_19 please give it a try and help her motivate...I hope you do and enjoy it, happy reads :)

Her hard sobs echo all through the bar, she clutches her arms around her body to stop her trembling but she fails.

So when Damien takes his wife in his arms wanting to share her pain she shakes her head no and steps back.

"Please don't hate me Damien, anything; I will take anything from anyone but not you" she cries still stepping away from him until he strides her way and pulls her within the steel of his arms.

"You will not take anything or any hate from anyone. I will not let them hurt you anymore...

I think I have been coward enough standing and watching while they hurt you, you no longer have to pretend to be strong, love. I am so, so, sorry for making you cry so much...

Just don't step away from me, don't go somewhere I cannot see you, don't even think of being anything but mine" he whispers in her ear as he holds her tight in his arms.

"You hurt me so much Damien, you always do"

"I know Kitty, I know"

"You are just being sweet now, but you will once again hurt me"

"I won't I swear, I won't"

"No, I don't believe you, you will once again be mean to me and go with Beth and you will hurt me with your words and actions like all the time"

"I swear love; I will do no such things. I am just so foolish at times, there is nothing going on between Beth and me...

I never touched her in anyway, she never took your place and no one can ever take your place in my life"

"So, about you and her, you lied!"

"Yes, I just wanted to hurt you, I am so sorry baby, I will never think of doing such stupid things again"

"So you admit you are a liar and stupid"

"You know me all too well"

"But you still are not off the hook mister"

"I never want to be off the hook with you Kitty"

"So, no more hurtful words my way?"

"Never"

"No lies"

"I will not even think about it"

"What about having secrets?"

"You now know all of it Kitty"

"Okay" she snips hugging him tightly.

"I am really sorry," he whispers kissing the top of her head as he holds her as well.

*******

"Where did your men go?" Kathleen asks as she let go of Damien and looks around.

"After your announcement of going down on them, I don't think anyone would be around you for a while, well if they don't want to get killed then" Damien chuckles holding her arm and turning her around as he wipes her tears softly.

"I can do it," Kathleen protests as she goes to wipe her tears but he does not let her.

"I am the reason for these tears so let me" he replies softly as he carefully dries her tears.

"Your sweet words will not buy me," she warns him playfully and he smiles.

"I know but my love will" he winks playfully making her laugh loudly before she gets in his arms.