Chapter 08

"Where is the perfect couple?" Damon asks as Kathleen opens the door for him.

"Gabriel took her home when I agreed to look after junior; she was in lot of pain"

"What did he do now?"

"Threw a banana peel and just her luck she had to step on it and fall down then he goes and holds her tight just so to make sure she is in pain...

I thought he was going to give her a hug but" Kathleen shakes her head smiling.

"Bastard" Damon grumbles as he pulls his jacket off and hands it to Kathleen.

"Junior asleep?" he asks looking around the room.

"Yes, did you have dinner?" she asks walking towards the kitchen.

"No, but would love if you made some" he grins following her.

"Go freshen up then" she calls as she takes out the remaining food from the fridge and goes to re-heat it.

"I am good, so why were you avoiding me for the last few days?" he asks as he pulls his shirtsleeves up and folds it.

"I am not"

"We both know you were," he counters and she sighs knowing it was of no use.

"How can you be so irresponsible and ask Amelia to look after your son five days a week Damon?" she asks instead.

"I get it you are changing the topic but to answer it, I cannot be with him 24/7 and then Beth has to go visit her mother for the next few days"

Kathleen keeps quiet after that, as she knows the truth behind Beth's visit.

"Still" she comments.

"Relax, we both know Amelia is a great care taker I would not just hand her my son if I did not trust her"

"It's not about that, and we both know it"

"Okay, I will try to cut some hours off and be with him, happy. Now feed me woman I am hungry" he grumbles as he takes a seat.

*******

"I am going to crash in here for the night, I don't think junior will like if we woke him up" Damon comments as he slowly tip toes to sleep in the bed his son was sleeping in.

"Okay" Kathleen agrees as she closes the door and walks towards her room.

Kathleen sighs as she sees the incomplete works she had scattered on her table; pulling her hair up in a ponytail, she takes a seat on the floor and goes through the designs yet to be complete.

It was hours into her work that Kathleen falls asleep with her head on the table and pencil still in her hands.

*******

"Congratulations" Beth shouts as soon as Kathleen opens the door making her wince.

"Ssh" Kathleen laughs as she pulls Beth inside her room.

"What, I heard the talks around he confessed his love to you" Beth grins as she hugs Kathleen tightly.

"Yes he did, and all these years I was cursing him for breaking my heart when it was your husband to blame" Kathleen frowns as soon as she remembers what Damon did.

"So sorry about that Kat, but you do know how naughty Damon can be. Even I found out about it after Damien called to shout at him but don't worry I gave him an earful for what he did and he is on the couch for a whole month" she apologizes on behalf of her husband.