Chapter 4

The black coffin was engulfed by the flames as everybody sat with their heads down. The flames danced up the coffin, slowly charring and crumbling it, until the heat found the mangled remains and destroyed what was left of them. A song played in the background but no one took much notice of it, they were overcome with grief. Mrs Wentz crying shrouded the service, always being heard, dismaying the friends even more, this was their fault. They had lost a close friend in the most gruesome way, and they all blamed themselves. It's something we do as humans, when the responsibility is ours, we want to distance ourselves from it yet when there was nothing we could have done to stop it, we accuse ourselves, desperate to blame someone.

Once the service was over, people left the venue to go to Pete's old home and celebrate his life, hoping this small bit of happiness will take their mind off the loss, but the six refused, they stayed in the pews, not sure what they were waiting for, a miracle?

Jenna's dark green hair had been clipped from falling in front of her face and she wore a plain black dress and cried silently while sitting next to Rel. Rel's luminous hair was tucked behind her ears as she cried silently, her head resting on Andy. Andy and all the other boys wore plain black suits while all the girls wore simple black dresses, none of them really felt like livening their clothes up. Amy sat with her hand cupping her face as her body shuddered in sobs, her hair was neatly tied in a high pony tail. Alex and Vic sat together at the back; neither one of them said anything and just stared at the floor.

Alex noticed movement coming from in front of him so he looked up to see Andy standing up; he walked down the aisle and past Alex. Alex noticed his tear-stained face and the red rings around his eyes. Alex kept his gaze on Andy as the tall boy walked off to his left and disappeared from sight, Alex sighed and decided to go after him in fear he may do something stupid, so he waited for a bit, then slowly left as well.

Turning left Andy was met with the bathroom door, inside was a toilet and on the wall to the left of that, a huge mirror and a sink. Andy locked the door and quickly broke down. Loud sounds escaped his mouth as he cried and cried, leaning against the painted white walls. His voice seemed to echo in the small room while he sat on the floor. Slowly he stood up, managing to contain his agony as he let out soft sighs. He walked up to the sink and stared at his reflection; his eyes were red and puffy, tear tracks stained his face and a constant torment laced his eyes. He couldn't stand to look at his reflection any longer and tore his eyes away from the broken mess in front of him, just to look at the corner of the mirror. But, instead of being met with the pale walls and the toilet, standing behind him, in a long, frilly, grey dress, was a little girl, her brown hair fell to her shoulders then curled at the ends and her face was pale, she had no eyes but instead dark empty sockets with blood pouring down the sides like tears.

Andy's head whipped round in an instant, fear flashing all over his face, his eyes searched the room desperately, only to find nothing. He gave a sigh of relief and turned back to the mirror, only to be met with a horrific sight. The girl stood directly to his left. He gulped and turned slowly, he was met with a pair of black holes and an evil grin.

Alex walked with his hands shoved in his pocket, making his way down the hallway when;

THUD! THUD! THUD!

Alex's head shot up and he frantically looked for where the noise was coming from. Within seconds he found the bathroom door being banged on, the doorknob being forced yet never giving way. Alex sprinted up to the door to catch a very familiar voice; "HELP! PLEASE SOME-" Andy was cut off by his own scream in pain.

"ANDY!" Alex shouted, soon footsteps could be heard and Alex turned his head to see Jenna running to the hallway.

"What happened why'd you yell?" She asked as Alex began to through himself on the door

"SHE'S IN THERE! WITH ANDY! CALL THE POLICE! NOW! Alex yelled.

"What do I say?" Jenna asked frantically

"Tell them our friend is being murdered." Alex replied grimly, Jenna nodded and rushed back to grab her phone from her bag, that she had left on the floor.

Alex tried, desperately throwing himself on the door, banging it as hard as he could, but all to no avail. He tried kicking it down but nothing could move the door. Alex stood back and was about to run and fling himself at the door when, it opened. The door calmly, slowly, sisterly moved open, revealing another haunting sight. Andy laid on the floor, in a pool of his own blood, bruises and scratch mark decorated his face and body, and a massive gash down his chest had ripped through his suit and was spouting blood.

Alex, for a split second, was frozen in abject horror. Quickly snapping back to his senses Alex ran to Andy's side, he didn't know what to do, he was so very very afraid. He couldn't lose another friend, let alone his best friend.

"Andy? Andy please, please stay with me." Alex whispered, tears steadily beginning to flow, he shook his head and wiped them away, desperate to remain strong. "Andy?"

Andy groaned slightly before his eyes flickered up to Alex, and as soon as he did, Alex knew Andy wasn't going to make it, and Andy knew it too.

Andy smiled at him, a final idea forming in his mind. Smiling softly at Alex, he said; "Sing me to sleep." He repeated the words Alex had written for his brother, Andy found Alex's notebook of song lyrics a while ago, and that one always stood out in his mind as a beautiful yet depressing line, perfect for last goodbyes.

Alex smiled and laughed slightly, more tears flowed steadily and Alex sang the one song that came to his mind; The Ghost of You by My Chemical Romance.

"At the end of the world"

Andy smiled at Alex warmly.

"Or the last thing I see"

Andy cheeks began to dampen with his own tears.

"You are, never coming home, never coming home, could I? Should I?"

Andy tilted his head back and looked up at the dull, pale ceiling, content to die listening to Alex's voice.

"And all the things that you never ever told me"

Alex's voice faltered slightly as tears fell rapidly and his body began to shake.

"And all the smiles that are ever gonna haunt me"

Andy's sapphire eyes slowly faded, life draining out of him. The light left his eyes and they became impassive and glassy. His chest rose then fell for the last time as he let out his last breath.

"Never coming home, never coming home, could I? Should I?"

Alex sang to himself as he began sobbing uncontrollably, he felt a hand push him away and he was forced to stand up by someone behind him, he opened his eyes to see paramedics surrounding Andy's body.

And all the wounds that are ever gonna scar me.

The paramedics rushed around his body, all in a circle, cutting everyone else out. They were yelling but Alex couldn't hear them, Andy was gone, they can't change that, they were too late. Once again Alex fell to his knees and sobbed hysterically.

For all the ghosts that are never gonna catch me...

Finally, one of the paramedics shook his head, knowing no matter what they did, the boy was gone.

A dark shadow lingered in the corner before stumbling away, five left, it smiled to itself.

If I fall...