Chapter 6

*A couple days later*

Rel sat bolt upright, breathing heavily as her neon hair shifted in front of her eyes with her sudden movement. She quickly tucked her hair behind her ears and attempted to control her breathing. Her throat was raw and the humid air made it difficult to breathe so Rel decided to get a glass of water. She grabbed a blanket and threw it over her shoulders to protect herself from the cold.

Voicelessly, Rel crept down the soft stairs of her house. Despite the fact that her father was out, Rel still felt as if she was being watched, as if something was hidden in the darkness. It watched from the corners and hid beneath the darkness's eerie cloak. Rel finally made it down stairs and switched the hallway light on. The light hesitated before slowly flickering, Rel feels a cold wind and shudders, pulling the blanket closer. Finally, the light flashes on and fills the hallway with a warm, orange light. Rel lets out a sigh of relief as her vision returns, only for it to be cut short when she sees what's directly in front of her.

Along the hallway, at the very end, the front door is wide open, precariously hanging off its hinges.

The delicate breeze causes a couple of leaves to fly into the house while Rel stays dead still, eyes wide in shock. Without hesitation, Rel was upstairs like a shot. She slammed her bedroom door shut and hastily slid the lock in place. She pushed her back up against the wall and slid down it, rapidly breathing while panic surged through her veins. Rel ran her hands through her hair then leaped up from the floor and dived towards her phone, quickly pulling up her contacts. She hurriedly pressed the call button and the painful wait began.

Ring ring

"Please pick up, please pick up!" Rel whispered, her voice was raspy and panicked.

Ring ring

A slight laugh and soft footsteps were heard outside Rel's door. A soft nursery rhyme being sung by a child's voice rang through Rel's head.

Ring ring.

The drone continued as soft knocks came from the other side of the door.

"Rel?" Amy's tired voice asked. It was late at night so she had probably just woken up.

"Amy! Amy-" Rel was cut off by her own strangled sob. "- Amy, she's at my house! She's outside my door!" Rel whispered rapidly.

"WHAT!? Rel... Rel I'm coming over."

"Don't bother..." A childish voice hissed evilly, and then the line went dead.

Rel dropped the phone in fear and whipped around to see a girl with a blood stained face and no eyes standing next to her. Rel stumbled backwards while the girl just grinned. She lifted her head so she was facing the ceiling and let out a bloodcurdling screech. Rel covered her ears and watched in horror as a black cloud escaped the girl's mouth and she too began to disintegrate into pieces of the black cloud, she was pulled apart by the gas until there was nothing left of the body. The darkness swirled around Rel and lifted her from the floor. She felt an indescribable pain across her stomach as it was cut open. She was unable to do anything as she was ripped apart, other than hope, she would be able to rest in piece...

...

So... short chapter, sorry. Also I will be going back to school in two days so updates are probably gonna take even longer! Unfortunately school comes first :(

In other news; I MIGHT BE GOING TO AN ALL TIME LOW CONCERT SOON!! This will be my first concert and it would be so cool to go to, if I can get tickets that is.