Chapter Five

The Saturday rays came through the curtains as I laid in the bed beside Shawn stroking his chest as he slept. I was trying to find a way to tell him about the penthouse on peach tree but I knew I couldn't just blurt it out.. I had to reveal it at the right moment. I rolled out of the bed and decided to get this day started. I took a long hot bath after I did my usual morning routine. When I stepped out Shawn was still asleep. I didn't bother to wake him so I slipped on some shorts, a sports bra and my slippers as I made my way to the kitchen. I pulled out all the ingredients to whip up a hearty steak omelet.

I whipped the eggs into a nice mix adding the peppers before I poured them into the pan,waiting for the base to form before I added the steak, cheese, tomatoes and peppers into to center, folding it all together. It didn't take long for the aroma from the steaks to fill the little condo we called home and I knew it was only a matter of time before Shawn came strolling in.

When everything was done, I poured two glasses of orange juice and placed the plates on a platter. Since Shawn hadn't made it down like I expected, I decided to serve breakfast in bed. I walked down the hallway to the master bedroom and sat the platter on the side table. I crawled into the bed beside a sleeping Shawn and rubbed my hand across his chest. I whispered his name softly in his ear as my hand trailed slowly downward to his waiting member. His eyes fluttered until they slowly opened and a smile formed across his face.

"Good morning baby." He said in a groggy tone.

"Good morning, now get up and eat."

He sat up in the bed as I placed his food in front of him. He looked down at his plate.

"Steak omelet .. my favorite dish."

"Yes with extra steak."

"What you want?"

"What?"

"I've been with you for four years P. Whenever you want something you cook my favorite food."

"That's not true."

"It is, that's how you bribed me to get three more pairs of those louboutins."

I thought about the accusations he was making.

"So what do you want this time." He asked as he ate some of his food.

I got up from the bed and grabbed my phone to show him the penthouse with all the details. He looked at the screen without saying a word.

"So what you think?"

"I think its too much."

"Besides the price Shawn."

"Its aight but baby lets not start the morning off with this. Its the weekend and I'm not trying to think about that."

"So when are we going to talk about it?"

He paused for a second before he spoke.

"The place is nice babe.. it is but a penthouse? I mean c'mon, the cost of that thing has got to be high.. I mean its a skyline view." 

He moved his plate to the side when he noticed I wasn't thrilled about his opinion. He pulled me into an embrace as he spoke.

"Its not that I don't want to stay on top of the world baby but we don't need a penthouse. Maybe one day but lets just find a house you know.." He said as he kissed my forehead.

"I hear you."

"Now can I finish this food that the love of my life made me?"

I smiled as I got up from his arms.

"Yeah baby."

I grabbed my plate and decided to let the whole conversation go as we ate our breakfast. When we finished Shawn went to take a shower while I washed the dishes and cleaned up.

"So baby what do we have planned for today?" He asked as he came from the back wearing a tank and some shorts.

"Nothing really. "

"How bout some old fashion Netflix and chill?" He asked as he sat down in the living room.

"Really?"

"Yea."

"I was thinking maybe we could go out, it is Saturday."

"Go where?" He asked.

"I hear this new club is opening tonight."

"You know its been awhile since we went out."

"That's why this is the perfect time."

"Whats the place called?"

"Xstasy"

"Like ecstasy with an X"

"Yea."

"We'll see."

"We should go Shawn, lately I've been feeling like we need a little umph back into our marriage. Its always work this and work that." 

"That's how we make money babe."

"Yeah true but when we first got married we were spontaneous. We balanced it all out you know." I explained to him as I went and sat beside him.

"Yea I remember how I use come home from a long day and you would have the lights off so when I cut them on I'd see you  sitting on the counter top butt ass naked."

I laughed.

"I never asked you this but how long was you sitting in the damn dark waiting on me?"

I laughed even harder.

"I'm serious."

"I'm serious too Shawn."

"Aight aight  but I don't think we need to go to the club P."

"Why not.?"

"Aint nun in the club but trouble, drunks and single mutherfuckers looking for they next ex. I got my woman and I aint got time to be telling people all night that I'm married."

I thought about it.

"Well what are we going to do Shawn since we gotta be couped up in the house all day."

"I told you.. hell you said we need some umph and I'm about to give you that."

"Shawn."

"We can start right now.. for the rest of the day, no calls, no emails, no Facebook, twitter, Instagram, and definitely no snapchat.."

"You know how much I love snapchat."

"And you know I cant stand it."

I was silent.

"Alright. I'll take you up on your offer." I said staring in his handsome face.

"Good cause I wasn't going to take no for answer!" He stated before he pounced on me like a lion attacking his prey."

I burst out into laughter at his actions.