Chapter Fifteen

Shay•

I rolled out of bed and went to take a shower. I turned the water on full blast as the steam began to fill up the bathroom. I pinned my hair up and let my robe fall to the floor as I stepped in and began to lather with some dove bodywash. I finished, stepping out and wrapping myself in a silk robe.

I headed to the bedroom but heard a knock at the door.

"Who is it?" I asked walking to the door.

"Shawn."

I opened the door.

"What you doing here?"

"I need to talk to you. Can I come in?" He asked.

I opened the door for him to enter.

"Whats going on?"

"I got a problem and I need your opinion."

"Okay."

"But you got to promise not to tell Paula."

I folded my arms as I listened to him.

"I know you two are bestfriends and thats why I came to you but you have to promise me that you wont say anything.. I just need another listening ear." He spoke as he sat down on the sofa.

I sat down beside him.

"Alright.. I promise."

He blew a heavy breath as he rubbed his shorts.

"You know my brother Greg right?"

"Yeah."

"Well, last night we went out to this new place called Xstasy. Paula had mentioned it to me a week back and I declined the idea of going but I went with Greg anyway. It was masquerade night and everyone was wearing masks. I had been drinking alot.. and I was already down about my pops being confined to a hospital bed. I met this woman in the club.. I couldnt see her face of course but she made me feel a way.. I dont know if it was because of the liquor but.. we laughed and joked around as we sat at the bar.. in all honesty, I was digging this chick man."

I listened to Shawn as he continued to speak.

"I asked her to dance and one thing led to another.. we got caught up in the moment and ended up kissing.."

I stared at the carpet as he spoke.

"I want to believe it was nothing.. but it was.. I came over here to get your opinion on if telling Paula is a good idea or not.."

My mind was completly blank. My words had become MIA as Shawn explained his night. It couldnt be.. there was a lot of people in the club hugged up and kissing that night.

"Umh.. Shawn did you happen to get this woman's name?" I asked as I antisipated his answer.

"Yeah.. her name was.. umh.." He started as he thought about it..

"Crystal." We both said in unison.

He looked up at me.

"How did you know that? Did she tell you?"

"No Shawn. I'm Crystal."

His mouth dropped in shock.

"Nah.. this aint happening." He said as he got up from his seat."

I got up and walked to the back of the house. His eyes followed me until I came back in the room.

"I'm not lying.." I said as I handed him the mask from last night.

We were silent.

"Why didnt you say anything?" He said.

"I didnt know it was you up under that mask?"