Chapter One: Moving Forward

Damon's POV
I replayed the vision in my head, watching the building burn down, burying all the vampires, along with my girlfriend. I rememeber running down there after the fire went out, searching through the broken and burnt pieces of wood searching for any trace of her, her ring even. Nothing, nothing was there of her.

The last words she said to me replayed as well. She told me we had an eternity together. Apperantly fate had something else in mind, breaking my heart. Turning off my humanity would've been too easy. Stefan would've brought me back to all the pain and misery I've been feeling for the past two months.

I can't get past the fact that she's gone. Just months ago she was alive, with me, in my arms. Then she was ripped away from me, all because of John Gilbert. I still don't understand why I didn't kill him before. I was just blinded by the sadness, and I still am.

Stefan hasn't left his room, he blames himself for her death, I do too, but I know better than to blame my brother. She was the one who told us to go, she saved our lives.

Bonnie I haven't forgiven easliy. She could have easily took the fire down for another minute so I could save her. But there was no reasoning her.

I continued to stare at the fire, drinking as much boron as I could, drinking my pain away. That was the only thing I could do. Clary wouldn't want me to shut it off, she'd want me to deal with it.

So that's what I'll do. But I just feel as if she's going to walk through that door one day. But that day will never come.

Stefan's POV
Tightly I held the picture of me and Kataline in my hands. It was the only thing I had of her. Using my ring would just give me misery because it would just make me feel as if she was still here.

I should've grabbed her when I had Damon, she would still be here. I'm the only one the blames myself for her death.

I still couldn't believe after searching we couldn't find her. Not one trace of her.

I continued to let tears fall as I stared at her sweet smile as she looked at me, not knowing the camera was going off.

"Come on Stefan don't be shy." Kataline ushered me closer. It was our turn for a picture together and I was nervous. I had never been this close to her.

I placed my hands onto her waist and brought her closer, her back lightly touching my chest. I let our a breath I'd been holding as she turned to me.

"Don't look so nervous, it's just a picture." She smiled at me, showing her beautiful teeth. I smiled down at her and suddenly the flash went off and we turned to the camera.

She giggled as she walked over and grabbed two copy. She handed one to me and smiled at the picture.

"Perfect."

Me and Damon had kept our own pictures as a reminder of her. I had her in my clutches. Then she left. Kataline was gone again, and I could never forgive myself for not telling her how I feel. But I had to move forward, for her.

Elena's POV
Life isn't the same anymore. I cant call her to tell her about my problems, no more movie nights and talking about our boyfriends. The sister I never had is gone forever.

I never thought vampires could die, apperantly I was wrong. I miss her smile, her funny comments and just everything. She was my best friend since birth. I loved her, now a piece of my heart was gone.

I clutched onto a necklace she'd given me on my fifteenth birthday, smiling at the memory.

"Come on hurry up and open it before I become old!" Clary exclaimed as I carefully opened her gift. She'd come over before the others to give her gift separately.

I ripped open the small package and lifted the cover off the box. I gasped slightly as I pulled out a gold necklace. A heat locket.

She smiled at my reaction. "Open it."

I did as told and saw words in graved on one side.

By your side even when I'm gone.

On the other side was a picture, a recent one. I smiled widely and gave her a huge hug. She laughed and wrapped her arms around me.

"Your welcome Lena bena." I giggled when she used my nickname we'd made up when we were twelve.

"Thank you Clary Fairy."

I began to cry and laugh. It hurt to think about her. I knew she'd be watching over us. I don't know how I'll move on form her, but I will. She'd want me to.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

This isn't really a chapter, it's just how the three of them feel about Clary's death, plus a few flashbacks. I feel like this was needed for it. I'm very happy I'm doing this sequel. Sorry for the longest wait imaginable but I hope it was worth it.

~Ansley