Chapter Four: Dangerous Decisions

One month before

Klaus still hasn't looked at me since the vision and words were said. I broke his heart and I hated myself for it.

I've tried to make him look at me, or say more than 'good morning' to me. I don't blame him though.

Deciding on a plan to make him talk I went to find Elijah, who was as usual reading a book. I sat beside him as he flipped the page and rose an eyebrow, clearly confused on why I was there.

"What did my damn brother do now?" He asked shutting his book.

"I kind of told him I didn't love him anymore and now he won't look or speak to me. But it's been centuries, surely I thought he would've been over me." I look at Elijah pleadingly to give me some advice.

"Niklaus never forgot about you, you were his fiancée. Not to mention you somehow carried his baby." A pained expression crossed my face as I placed my hand onto my stomach, remembering how happy I was to have something wonderful with Niklaus besides being married to him.

"But he never knew." I whispered.

Klaus entered the room, his eyes glowing gold and resting heavily. I stood up with Elijah as Kalu came closer.

"You carried my child?" I swallowed thickly and nodded.

"How could you not tell me!" He shouted. I flinched and took a step back.

"I was going to, but then something happened." I said quietly. Klaus waited patiently for me to answer.

"Niklaus, she may not be ready to talk about it." Eljiah tried to reason with him, but by the look of it, he wasn't going to leave without an answer.

"It's been five centuries mate, I think she's ready."

I stood quietly as the brothers fought, things were thrown and wounds were made. I slowly back away and ran out of the house, getting away from both brothers.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

I stood at the place where Niklaus had proposed to me. The stars reminded me of how happy I was, how Niklaus had cried for the first time in front of me.

I slipped my ring off my finger, clutching it in my hands, deciding whether or not to chuck it over the edge.

"Kataline." A calm accent spoke my name.

"I was coming out of a restaurant, when I was pushed into an alleyway. I don't know who it was or what they wanted, all they did was kick me over and over again until the little heart in my stomach stopped. It had only been months after I found out." I told him as I turned around, ring clutched in my hand and other hand on my stomach.

"I remember you limping that night. You told me it was nothinga and I believed you." He said recalling the night of it all. I smiled sadly.

He walked over to me and wrapped his warm arms around me, hugging me in comfort, something I need terribly. I sniffled a couple times before wrapping my arms around him. I felt him pry open my hand and take to my daylight ring, placing it carefully around my ring finger on my right hand.

"Don't ever think you shouldn't live, because you do deserve to my dear." He whispers in my ear. I just hug him tighter. After all these years, he still knew the right words to say to me.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

The next morning I decided to visit Mystic Falls. I just wanted to check on everyone. I know I should have ran to then with open arms the second I found out I was alive, but something stopped me, like I shouldn't.

Without another word I slipped out of the big house and into my car and drove to my home.

When I got there the streets were strangely quiet. Nothing really going on. I parked my car on the street by the Salvatore house, thankfully hidden by the trees. Climbing onto Stefan's balcony I stared at him carefully not making a sound and saw him. He sat on his bed, tears rushing down his face as he stared down at a picture. I already knew it was of us back in 1864.

Focusing on him, I sent him a message.

Please don't cry, I'm closer than you think.

His head shot up and he looked around frantically. His eyes landed on me and for a moment, I stood there until I realized I should move. So I did and as he opened his doors I was already on Damon's balcony.

I love you. Is what I heard from Damon's mind.

He sat on his floor, twirling a bottle of borbon in his hands. Classic Damon. Depressed Damon equals Drunk Damon.

Stupidly in love is what I was.

"This month had been complete torture. I've had this burning image of you in my brain, just sitting there with all the memories. I'd turn it off and god I wish I would, but there's this feeling in me that makes me feel like you standing right beside me, telling me that you're going to find a way back to me. I've been trying all sorts of spells and potions to just see you, but nothings working. But I promise you, I will see you again, I won't stop until I can hold you again, until I can hear your voice." If he does this everyday then I must have done something right. Looks like I've got to come back sooner than I thought.

I'm coming for you Damon. I blasted through his mind. Just like Stefan had done he started looking around. I watched as a single tear fell from his face.

I've really got to stop effecting guys like this.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

After leaving both brothers in confusion and hopefully happy tears, I went to see the girls. I stopped at Elena's first, knowing it would be my first choice anyways. She was best friend so how could I not.

I stood at her window, watching her as she held her phone to her ear, and noticed my phone phone vibrating. Then I heard my voice mail go off.

"Hey its Clary! I most likely have my phone on vibrate so no, I'm not ignoring you. Leave a message so I can hear you amazing voice! See you later!" I laughed at my voice mail, I still hadn't changed it since freshman year, yet I sounded the same.

Elena took a shaky breath before speaking into her phone.

"Hey Clary, it's Elena, for the tenth time. I still don't know why I think you'll ever pick up, I just have hope. We are all just cooped up in our beds thinking about you, crying about you, laughing about and all the stupid decisions you ever made. Come back to us, we miss you. I love you Clary. I'll probably call back just to heard your voice again. Bye." She finished her paragraph before pressing end on the call.

I love you too lena bena. I sent using the nickname we'd chosen for each other. Shooting up from her laying position she cried at the sudden voice from me that entered her mind. She started to smile as tear fell fast down her face.

I smiled sadly. I was definitely coming back.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

This was a really emotional chapter, like damn. I still liked it I guess, just as long as you guys did.

~Ansley