Chapter Thirteen: Truths Emerging

Hearing of Rose's death saddened me, but there was nothing we could have done.

The werewolf bite was incurable for a vampire, that's what sucked. But we had bigger priorities.

We had to focus on keeping Elena safe and out of Klaus' clutches. I figured that no matter what I said would change his mind.

But I had something to do on my own. She needed to know the truth. She needed to know that Clary hadn't died, but that I was her.

It was probably the worst time to do this, but with everything building up, the tirht would do some justice for me. I was done lying, hopefully.

That's why I stood at the Gilbert house, waiting for someone to open the door. Thankfully it was Elena.

She gave me a look. "Kataline right?" I nodded.

"I need to talk to you." Her lips became a straight line before she opened the door wider.

"Come in."

We went to her room to talk. I did a little spin to look around the room. I really hope she'd forgive me.

"So what's this all about." She asks, crossing her arms.

I cleared my throat as I pulled the piece of paper out of my back pocket and unfolded it. Mumbling a few words before looking at her.

"I thought you deserved the truth. I hope you can forgive me." She looked confused before a tingle went through my body and her eyes widened.

I guess the spell worked.

She didn't say anything. Just stood there in shock. I mean, who wouldn't when you thought your best friend rose from the dead and ended up not being who they said they were.

Come to think of it, her forgiving me seems slim.

She blinks a couple times before a hint of anger appears in her eyes.

"I, am Clary. But I'm still the person you've known, well besides the who childhood thing. But up to freshman year I was real." She was listening, which was a good sign, but I could see tear piling up.

"Our friendship was real, Elena. I had to hide myself, that's when I saw you. A baby a saw a future for. It was bright until this point. I had to stay hidden because I was in danger and I still am. I'm just not being careful anymore."

I paused, seeing if she had anything to say. Nothing, she just kept her head down and ears open.

"Not only was I hiding from your brothers and my sister, Katherine. But I was hiding from your family." She rose her head at the mention of her family.

"Johnathan Gilbert in 1864, was a vampire hunter. He wanted us gone. Your family apparently kept that tradition." I explained.

"Your uncle John, has been hunting us. He is the reason I almost died in the abandoned building that night. He's the one that captured me after I escaped, all thanks to this." I pointed to my necklace. Elena got up and take a closer look.

"Why are you telling me all this?" She whispered, looking into my eyes.

"Because I trust you with my life. You're my best friend, well you were. I'm hoping to start over. I'm still Clary, Elena. Just in my real form." I watched a tear leave her eye.

"You're my best friend too. It's just, this is a huge lie. But.... I'm willing to forgive you. You don't deserve more losses." I smiled before giving her a hug.

"Do you mind stay like this for a while? I wouldn't mind having Clary back for a bit." I laughed but nodded. I missed Clary too.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

I came back later at night after spending the day with Elena. I couldn't believe she forgive me. I felt happier though, no more lies today.

As I went towards the kitchen, I heard voices. Stefan and Damon's.

"You need to tell her the truth, Damon." Stefan commanded.

"I can't Stefan! I just got her back! Do you know how heartbroken she'll be?!" Damon shouted.

"That's your own fault. If she meant so much to you then why go and do it? Especially in the living room!"

What were they talking about...

"I was lonely Stefan, it didn't mean anything to me!" He shouted once more.

"They were friends, you are her boyfriend. She'll be heartbroken no matter how you tell her." Stefan said sadly.

"I'll be there to pick up the pieces." Those were his last words before walking out.

His eyes found me instantly, they turned sad but also guilty. He moved to the side and let me pass into the kitchen where a stressed Damon stood.

"Kata- Clary. Dammit, can't ever get those right." He gave me a weak smile.

"Just call me Kataline. What did you do." I asked, folding my arms.

"I... hehe, I did something you most likely will hate me for." He stepped closer.

"What, did you do, Damon." I demanded.

He sighed. "When you were with Klaus, getting better, I was with Rose. We began talking but we're inturrupted by a wolf breaking in and biting her."

I already had a feel of where this was going to. I wasn't prepared for it.

"It healed and we were happy. Then, we uh, we....kissed." There it was. The famous line of cheating.

I let tears fall, I mean how couldn't I. The love of my life had cheated on me, something I couldn't even believe Damon could do. Surely the past Damon wouldn't do it either.

"I don't need to hear anymore." I said before slapping him. His face swung to the side.

"You're such a jerk! I love you! Wasn't that good enough?! I gave you a second chance!" I yelled.

"And I love you, but-"

"No buts Damon. This was low even for you. I have no one I love that you could've killed so this is the worst thing you could have done. And you did it." I spat, anger and hurt laced my words.

"Kataline. I'm sorry." He spoke.

"Sorry's not going to cut it this time. Stefan was right. I was going to bring heartbroken whatever way you told me." My lip began to quiver.

"We're over, Damon." I said, ending everything between us.

"No. No, no, no." He repeated as he walked forward and pulled my face to his, making it our final kiss.

I pushed him away seconds later, tear still spilling. I let me hand rest on his face lightly, his eyes still begging.

"Nothings going to help your case. I'll always love you Damon, but we're over. I can't be with you anymore." Then I left him.

I slammed the door shit and went to the side of the house and let my back his the wall, sliding down to the ground. My heart pained.

Stefan was by my side, standing my up as I clutched to him. He tried to calm me, shushing and rubbing my back. But I know it would hurt for a while.

This would haunt me forever. The guy I believe was the one for me, wasn't actually the one.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

ALOT OF REVEALS! You learned who her kidnapper was, Elena know Kataline was Clary, and Kataline/Clary knows about Damon cheating.

Whatcha think?

~Ansley