The Scarf

Hearth's POV

Today was the day. He and Blitzen were receiving a new assignment from Copo, to protect Magnus Chase. From what they were told, Magnus was the son of Frey and lived on the streets of Boston. They were both standing on the corner of 6th and Main, they had just coming from getting a wardrob change. Blitzen was almost crying because he had been forced to leave all his clothes in Svartalf. Hearthstone? He didn't mind. Midguard clothes reminded him of home's, though Blitzen was giving him a hard time about his choices.

"You wear so much black! How am I supposed to find you?" At least Hearth was pretty sure that's what he said. Lip reading wasn't an exactly a science, but he was fairly certain. "Come over here," was said before he was grabbed and dragged to the closed street stand. It was night so only the two of them were on the street. "Open this," Blitzen said as he pointed to the hatch on the bottom of the stand.

Why? I asked, well, I signed.

"Well we can't buy anything, we're homeless now, but you need this." At this, Hearth caved and grabbed a Rune Stone in his bag, but he didn't cast the spell. It was night so he already felt drained. If he hadn't been on Midguard before, he would probably be having another panic attack.

Fine. He stood back and cast the Rune Stone.

IXI

Blitzen reached in, and pulled out a red and white stripped scarf, the colors of Boston. Blitzen stood and threw the scarf at him. "Put it on." Hearth complied. He thought he looked like an idiot but Blitzen looked at him with a satisfied expression. "There, now let's go find the kid."